How to do keeper league?

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

tdkearns

How to do keeper league?

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 pm

I am back to SOM, many years after i stopped playing computer version due to kids. A couple of questions re keeper leagues in som online:

I don’t see any instructions in som online game on how keeper leagues work. How is it done? Does the online software permit it or is it somehow manual?

I like playing the 60s. A couple of 60s teams I have looked at have the exact year of the card being used. I thought the card being used was random?

Thanks for any help or links to explanations.

Jimmy_C

Re: How to do keeper league?

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 7:20 am

tdkearns wrote:I am back to SOM, many years after i stopped playing computer version due to kids. A couple of questions re keeper leagues in som online:

I don’t see any instructions in som online game on how keeper leagues work. How is it done? Does the online software permit it or is it somehow manual?

I like playing the 60s. A couple of 60s teams I have looked at have the exact year of the card being used. I thought the card being used was random?

Welcome back to the online game tdkearns.

The keeper leagues rules are made by the manager who created the league...not SOM. Sometimes an opening comes up and it will be posted on the boards. Something like "looking for a replacement manager in ___ league". That is usually when the league rules will also be posted. You can always start your own keeper league at any time.

The 60's like any of the mystery card games offer 5 years for each player. You could draw any of those 5 years at random.

Hopefully this helps.

Jimmy C

coyote303

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 7:33 pm

tdkearns wrote:I am back to SOM, many years after i stopped playing computer version due to kids. A couple of questions re keeper leagues in som online:

There are three keeper leagues that i know of: one each for the 60s, 70s,and 90s. In all of these leagues, you carry over three players from season to season (you can change which three) and draft a fourth player. The rest of your team is drafted in the usual way.

There are also more complex keeper leagues where you have a large roster, draft prospects, and can carry over your entire team. These are done with current single-season cards. I can't tell you much more about those leagues since I have not participated in one.

There may be other keeper leagues out there with different rules. The format used in the 60s, 70s, and 90s is a good one, but a person can certainly come up with their own way to do it.

Here's a link to the rules for the 90s Keeper League. (I started it but am no longer part of it. The rules may have been modified since.)

viewtopic.php?f+9&t=860&p=10868

tdkearns

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 10:06 pm

Thanks but are keeper leagues done through SOM online or 365,whatever it’s called now?
I.e., do you pay $19 per year?
Or are they custom email leagues using the computer baseball software?

coyote303

PostMon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 pm

The keeper leagues that Jimmy and I are referring to are with S-O-M 365 (online). While there are certainly keeper leagues that use the (standalone) computer game or cards and dice, I couldn't tell you anything about them, nor is this the place to find out more about them.

You need a credit for each season you play in an online keeper league. It's cheaper if you buy a 5-pack.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s