90s Mystery Franchise League - Loading ALL teams

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

FALCON29

Re: 90s Mystery Franchise League - Post your 15 keepers

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 6:18 pm

gbrookes wrote:Rosie - I'm not sure that I understand your answer to Piloneus. Candaele **was** on the Expos roster at the end of last season. I think Piloneus is thinking that he can't keep Candaele for the Expos (based on your answer), but I think he can,
because he **was** on the Expos roster. The fact that Candaele is core 4 for Houston is irrelevant to the Expos, I think.

In other words, it is Houston that can't protect or list Candaele for their own, but the Expos *can* list Candaele as an Expos keeper, because he *was* on their roster at the end of last season.

Rosie, am I correct?

Geoff

Geoff, I think you're right. In fact I KNOW that you're right. I told Piloneus already, using the example of how I allowed you to "steal" Spaceman Lee from me back in the 70s. Same situation here, except that I don't think anyone would consider Candael to be a steal.

Rosie2167

PostThu Nov 30, 2017 9:59 pm

gbrookes wrote:
Rosie2167 wrote:
piloneus382 wrote:Montreal Keepers

Ken Hill, Butch Henry, Omar Daal, Jeff Shaw, John Wetteland, Randy Milligan, Casey Candaele, Tim Wallach, Spike Owen

Drafted Zane Smith

Core4+: Pedro Martinez, Jeff Fassero, Ugueth Urbina, Mike Lansing, Delino Deshields, Sean Berry, Moises Alou, FP Santangelo

Exclusive rights: Rondell White, Cliff Floyd

Casey Candaele is a core 4 for Houston but finished last season as an expo. Am I allowed to protect him?

No keepers need to have finished the season on your roster.

Rosie - I'm not sure that I understand your answer to Piloneus. Candaele **was** on the Expos roster at the end of last season. I think Piloneus is thinking that he can't keep Candaele for the Expos (based on your answer), but I think he can,
because he **was** on the Expos roster. The fact that Candaele is core 4 for Houston is irrelevant to the Expos, I think.

In other words, it is Houston that can't protect or list Candaele for their own, but the Expos *can* list Candaele as an Expos keeper, because he *was* on their roster at the end of last season.

Rosie, am I correct?

Geoff

Shoot sorry, yes if Candaele was on the Expos roster at seasons end he can be on your keeper list.

Rosie2167

Re: 90s Mystery Franchise League - loading

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 3:26 pm

League has been set up. The 90s allow us to start with 24 clubs so let's load in order...EAST first.
Yankees
Indians
Blue Jays
Red Sox
White Sox

pw: mystery902

sphilipp8

Re: 90s Mystery Franchise League - Loading East

PostFri Dec 01, 2017 11:50 pm

Rosie - I sent you a question via a league message

Rosie2167

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 1:07 pm

Blue Jays and Red Sox please load into the East. I'll then load my Orioles

gbrookes

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 2:24 pm

Loading now

gbrookes

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Just to correct my note in my keeper post - Shawn Green is exclusively owned by the Blue Jays, per Rosie's spreadsheet.

gbrookes

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 3:13 pm

gbrookes wrote:Post your 90s season 2 keepers on this thread, per Rosie.

Some recent posts by Rosie, on the draft thread:

"BUT I hesitate to have you guys start posting those with 7 picks left, always a chance you'll have to revise it. Tell you what, if you feel pretty confident your 15 are free from the rest of the draft go ahead. With Thanksgiving tomorrow I'm not going to drive hard to get the league set up by Friday....but I'd still like to wrap up the draft!!!

Have a great holiday weekend everyone!
Rosie"

"FA drafted players are NOT included in your 15 keepers. But they must be on your auto draft list. Apologies for the lack of clarity."

"After this FA draft concludes you will post 15 keepers from your 142+ game roster on the Post your keepers board, protected players need to be included in your keepers. Those keepers need to be on your Auto draft card along with your FA draftees, obviously at the bottom. So its 15 Keepers + and FA draftees. Any players (keepers and FA draftees included) not on your auto draft card and that qualify for other clubs are fair game during waivers. No other requirements for your auto draft card exist. EI. If your club holds exclusive rights to a player he does not have to be on your auto draft card."

Thanks Rosie!

GBrookes: "Just to be clear on this point - For a player like Barry Larkin, who only played for the Reds, and is not eligible to be claimed by other teams - a player like Larkin would not have to be counted toward my Reds' 15 keepers? Or would he have to be one of the 15 keepers?"

Rosie - "Correct Larkin doesn’t have to be on your auto draft card." [GB - or keepers]

gbrookes

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 3:14 pm

Per Rosie , above, post keepers and FA draft picks at the bottom of your autodraft list. Other autodraft picks are therefore at the top of your autodraft list.

gbrookes

PostMon Dec 04, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm in (Jays)
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s