Re: 90s 24 team Mystery- OK we have our clubs!

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Davesodu

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 3:31 pm

Rosters - AZ-KC
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Rosters - LA - TOR
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I just happened to have the message with these links up.

gbrookes

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Thanks!

piloneus382

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery- Falcon up

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm

Rosie2167 wrote:Here's how we are going to handle guys that are Core4+ for 2 teams. By my count the players in question are all listed below...if you come across someone I missed please post here.

I've included Core4+x2 sheets for both batters and pitchers within the 90's Mystery BAL - KC google doc.
Batters:
Larry Walker - MON5 COL5
Rafael Palmeiro - BAL5 TEX5
Omar Vizquel - CLV6 SEA4
Tino Martinez - SEA6 NYY4

Pitchers:
Tom Gordon - KC6 BOS4
Jeff Nelson - NYY4 SEA4
Scott Erickson - MIN5 BAL4
Kirk Rueter - SF4 MON4

Both clubs can auto draft them, highest ranked wins. However, season 2 rights to that player go to the club that didn't get him in season 1, keeper or resigning during free agency by the season 1 club is not allowed. Season 2 club may however trade those rights.

If we were to ever expand out to more than 2 seasons we might treat Vizquel, Martinez, Gordon and Erickson differently.

Batters with more than two affiliated clubs:
Will Clark - TEX5 SF4 BAL1
Steve Finley - SD4 HOU4 BAL1
Wally Joyner - KC4 SD4 CAL2
Mike Stanley - NYY4 BOS4 TEX2 TOR1
Willie McGee - STL5 SF4 BOS1
Lenny Harris - LA4 CIN4 NYM1 COL1

Both Core4+ clubs can auto draft these players, highest rank wins. The club that has them in season 1 has no rights in season 2. Those rights go to the other Core4+ club and the rights cannot be traded until after the free agency draft. However the other teams listed can claim these players during Free Agency after season 1 or pick them up if they are ever waived during either season. Free agency rules apply so the season 2 club can use the resigning clause if the player is claimed during the FA draft.

Clear? Am I missing any other glaring possibilities?

using Larry Walker as an example. If both the Rockies and Expos don't pick him in their autodraft, (conceding that they'll use him for season 2) and he gets picked up by the Rockies off of waivers are the Rockies still locked out from him on season 2? In this case it would appear the Expos had no plans for him anyway.

Rosie2167

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 7:28 pm

"using Larry Walker as an example. If both the Rockies and Expos don't pick him in their autodraft, (conceding that they'll use him for season 2) and he gets picked up by the Rockies off of waivers are the Rockies still locked out from him on season 2? In this case it would appear the Expos had no plans for him anyway."

I have to admit I didn't think of that possibility. Yes if Walker gets through the auto draft without being selected and is subsequently picked up by the Rockies they would forgo any rights to him in season 2. Now you've got me going so I'll keep rolling...say Walker starts with the Rockies (auto draft or off waivers) and is dropped and then picked up by the Expos...both clubs would have a shot at him in season 2.

Rosie2167

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Divisions will be as follows:

AL East:
Blue Jays
Indians
Orioles
Red Sox
White Sox
Yankees

AL West:
Angels
Athletics
Mariners
Rangers
Royals
Twins

NL East:
Cardinals
Expos
Mets
Phillies
Pirates
Rockies

NL West:
Astros
Braves
Dodgers
Giants
Padres
Reds

Process I followed was to first stay as true to the old divisions as possible, hence the NL West. Then moved the eastern most AL club from the West to the East.

piloneus382

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 7:40 pm

Rosie2167 wrote:"using Larry Walker as an example. If both the Rockies and Expos don't pick him in their autodraft, (conceding that they'll use him for season 2) and he gets picked up by the Rockies off of waivers are the Rockies still locked out from him on season 2? In this case it would appear the Expos had no plans for him anyway."

I have to admit I didn't think of that possibility. Yes if Walker gets through the auto draft without being selected and is subsequently picked up by the Rockies they would forgo any rights to him in season 2. Now you've got me going so I'll keep rolling...say Walker starts with the Rockies (auto draft or off waivers) and is dropped and then picked up by the Expos...both clubs would have a shot at him in season 2.

other scenarios: 1 - the Expos win Larry Walker but get other unexpected options in RF and release Walker Pre-season, can they then try to use him in season 2? (obviously if the Rockies pick him up then the Rockies are locked out)

2 - The Expos are out of it and trade Walker to the Rockies at the deadline.

3 - If the Rockies have Walker in season 1 can the Expos trade their rights to him in season 2 for season 1 compensation?

Rosie2167

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 8:47 pm

piloneus382 wrote:
Rosie2167 wrote:"using Larry Walker as an example. If both the Rockies and Expos don't pick him in their autodraft, (conceding that they'll use him for season 2) and he gets picked up by the Rockies off of waivers are the Rockies still locked out from him on season 2? In this case it would appear the Expos had no plans for him anyway."

other scenarios: 1 - the Expos win Larry Walker but get other unexpected options in RF and release Walker Pre-season, can they then try to use him in season 2? (obviously if the Rockies pick him up then the Rockies are locked out)

2 - The Expos are out of it and trade Walker to the Rockies at the deadline.

3 - If the Rockies have Walker in season 1 can the Expos trade their rights to him in season 2 for season 1 compensation?

after thinking about it a little further I'm going to amend part of my initial response...
Now you've got me going so I'll keep rolling...say Walker starts with the Rockies (auto draft or off waivers) and is dropped and then picked up by the Expos...both clubs would have a shot at him in season 2. In this scenario the Rockies had their shot at him and won't have any rights to him next season, regardless of when/if the Expos pick him up in season 1.

your other scenarios:
1 - If Walker is released prior to the start of the season then all bets are off. It would be like no one had him and both clubs are still in the mix for season 1 and 2.

2 - Expos had their controlling season in season 1 and decided to trade Walker. Expos don't have any rights to Walker in season 2.

3 - Yes Expos can trade their season 2 rights to the Rockies at any time. This only works for players that share two unique teams at Core4+. If there's a third team in the mix at a lower Core than rights cannot be traded as those other clubs have a shot at them during Free agency.

whew...ok this is a bit wild Wild West so bear with me
rosie

YountFan

PostThu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 pm

I am so glad I don't have Walker.
Posted by the real YountFan

sambruins

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 7:24 am

Hey Rosie,

the athletics only have one catcher. there are a few core 4+ for other teams. just wanted to bring up the possibilty that i could end up with one catcher. i will have to pick 2 for the autodraft. i will pick one from an unselected team. but think about what you want to do if i only end up with one from the athletics.

FALCON29

PostFri Aug 18, 2017 8:11 am

sambruins wrote:Hey Rosie,

the athletics only have one catcher. there are a few core 4+ for other teams. just wanted to bring up the possibilty that i could end up with one catcher. i will have to pick 2 for the autodraft. i will pick one from an unselected team. but think about what you want to do if i only end up with one from the athletics.

I wonder if KC would let you have Mayne? They've got 2 way better Core4+ guys in Macfarlane and Sweeney. I've got Hatteberg but was planning to use him in Boston.

I think that the only C that nobody will have any access to is Dave Nilsson from MIL. You could use him to get through AD and then figure it out from there.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s