Re: 90s 24 team Mystery- OK we have our clubs!

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Rosie2167

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery- OK we have our clubs!

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 pm

We've played 2 seasons in the 60s, 70s and 80s...now we enter the 90s. Looking for ideally one mgr to run two clubs, one in the NL and one in the AL. Schedules are league specific so no cross league games...until the Series.

Yes you read that right, a 24 team Mystery league. Due to our player restrictions I've gotten the go ahead from SOM to give this a try.

I’ve always enjoyed the Mystery sets and the Franchise leagues based on the ATG set. So, inspired by the creative leagues I’ve played in from warrenbob, gbrookes and marcpelletier…how about we combine them? A multi year (2 season or more) keeper Franchise league based on the Mystery sets!

OUR 90's SEASON WILL BE A 24 TEAM LEAGUE WITH MANAGERS HAVING BOTH AN AL AND NL TEAM. Schedules will be league exclusive so your teams won't play each other unless they both make the World Series. We've just completed two seasons of the 80's and it worked well!!

There are 30 Franchises from the 90’s, the D'Backs and Rays don't have enough players to field full teams so I've eliminated them from consideration. The Brewers will remain in the AL. So we will need to weed out 2 more AL and NL teams to balance the leagues. Basically those not chosen during the franchise draft will be eliminated.

For the 90s spreadsheet I along with Falcon looked at every player on baseball reference to come up with the number of years played for each franchise during the decade. So the carded years (while a decent guideline) are not what determines each players eligibility. You must see the spreadsheets in google docs...
BAL - KC
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
LA - TOR
for each franchise and wrapped the rules around that as follows.

-Every player on your roster must have at least 1 yr carded OR have played for your franchise. These are indicated on the spreadsheet as follows:
All Players have a Core4+, Core3, Core2 or Core1 designation as listed on the google spreadsheets (see link above). To establish which clubs could use which players we started in the 60's using ONLY the carded franchises. In the 70's we expanded that a bit to allow clubs to use players that played for but weren't card to franchises. Now in the 80's and 90's we'll continue with allowing clubs to use players that played for but aren't carded to franchises but will now include a Free Agency draft at the end of season 1.

For 90's season 1, Core4+ players cannot be auto drafted by any other franchise other then their Core4+ franchise. All other players Core3/2/1 can be auto drafted by any listed franchise. After the auto draft any Core4+ and Core 3/2/1 players that have another franchise listed (not carded but played for) and not auto drafted can be picked up on waivers by any of the franchises listed for that player. Trades are allowed but must be between franchises listed on the spreadsheet for that player. By rule then any Core5+ player that doesn't have another franchise listed is exclusively yours or if a Core4/3 player ends up being affiliated with one of the weeded out franchises, they also are exclusively yours...and that means you don't have to auto draft them.

Now for the keeper side of the equation. To mirror real franchises as much as possible we will keep 215 players per season. Also I always thought that the revolving door that exists in the Mystery leagues where you drop Jackson or Ryan on their 'worst' years was an unfortunate side effect to the format...so as a motivator to keep those guys, any Core4+ players dropped cannot be on your roster the next season. You can however drop them and pick them back up, just needs to be by game 141 so they are on your roster at the end of the season.

Ok so here are the current franchises taken...I'll work on the draft franchise draft order here shortly.
Red Sox - Falcon29
Mets - Franky35
Yankees - Davesodu
Dodgers - sphilipp8
Braves - CrustyCrab
Astros - Yountfan
Giants - Fench33
Orioles - Rosie2167

Clubs where mgrs still need to decide:
Gbrookes - Blue Jays or Expos
jjrecupero - Pirates or Royals
sambruins - White Sox or Phillies

Clubs definitely available:
Indians
Reds
Rangers
Mariners
Cardinals
Angels
Athletics
Cubs
Brewers
Padres
Twins
Tigers
Marlins
Rockies

FRANCHISE DRAFT
1. NEW MANAGER: NL or AL
2. CrustyCrab53 (146 total wins + Tie breaker: 152 total wins in season 5): NL-Braves, AL-
3. fench33 (146 total wins + Tie breaker: 157 total wins in season 5): NL-Giants, AL-
4. sambruins: NL-Phillies or AL-White Sox
5. jjrecupero: NL-Pirates or AL-Royals
6. Franky35 (161 total wins + Tie breaker: 158 total wins in season 5): NL-Mets, AL-
7. sphilipp8 (161 total wins + Tie breaker: 175 total wins in season 5): NL-Dodgers, AL-
8. gbrookes: NL-Expos or AL- Blue Jays
9. Davesodu (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 154 total wins in season 5): AL-Yankees, NL-
10. Rosie2167 (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 175 total wins in season 5): AL-Orioles, NL-
11. Yountfan: NL-Astros, AL-
12. Falcon29: AL-Red Sox, NL-
13. NEW MANAGER: NL or AL

Once we have a new manager we will draft your other franchise in the TBD order.
1) Pick any available Franchise (in the opposite league)
2) Format is DH
3) Pick the 90's Stadium of your franchise
4) Minimum 2 season commit, ideally we play 2 seasons in each decade rolling with your chosen franchise the whole way.
5) Salary cap $100
6) Trades are allowed but all players involved must be carded to or have played for those franchises

Fire me any questions
Rosie
Last edited by Rosie2167 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.

sambruins

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery league needs 1 or 2 mgrs

PostFri Aug 11, 2017 7:31 am

cannot get to it until tonight. should have it in by 8

sambruins

PostSat Aug 12, 2017 6:52 am

90s 24 team Mystery league needs 1 or 2 mgrs

PostThu Aug 10, 2017 2:21 pm
We've played 2 seasons in the 60s, 70s and 80s...now we enter the 90s. Looking for ideally one mgr to run two clubs, one in the NL and one in the AL. Schedules are league specific so no cross league games...until the Series.

Yes you read that right, a 24 team Mystery league. Due to our player restrictions I've gotten the go ahead from SOM to give this a try.

I’ve always enjoyed the Mystery sets and the Franchise leagues based on the ATG set. So, inspired by the creative leagues I’ve played in from warrenbob, gbrookes and marcpelletier…how about we combine them? A multi year (2 season or more) keeper Franchise league based on the Mystery sets!

OUR 90's SEASON WILL BE A 24 TEAM LEAGUE WITH MANAGERS HAVING BOTH AN AL AND NL TEAM. Schedules will be league exclusive so your teams won't play each other unless they both make the World Series. We've just completed two seasons of the 80's and it worked well!!

There are 30 Franchises from the 90’s, the D'Backs and Rays don't have enough players to field full teams so I've eliminated them from consideration. The Brewers will remain in the AL. So we will need to weed out 2 more AL and NL teams to balance the leagues. Basically those not chosen during the franchise draft will be eliminated.

For the 90s spreadsheet I along with Falcon looked at every player on baseball reference to come up with the number of years played for each franchise during the decade. So the carded years (while a decent guideline) are not what determines each players eligibility. You must see the spreadsheets in google docs...
BAL - KC
LA - TOR
for each franchise and wrapped the rules around that as follows.

-Every player on your roster must have at least 1 yr carded OR have played for your franchise. These are indicated on the spreadsheet as follows:
All Players have a Core4+, Core3, Core2 or Core1 designation as listed on the google spreadsheets (see link above). To establish which clubs could use which players we started in the 60's using ONLY the carded franchises. In the 70's we expanded that a bit to allow clubs to use players that played for but weren't card to franchises. Now in the 80's and 90's we'll continue with allowing clubs to use players that played for but aren't carded to franchises but will now include a Free Agency draft at the end of season 1.

For 90's season 1, Core4+ players cannot be auto drafted by any other franchise other then their Core4+ franchise. All other players Core3/2/1 can be auto drafted by any listed franchise. After the auto draft any Core4+ and Core 3/2/1 players that have another franchise listed (not carded but played for) and not auto drafted can be picked up on waivers by any of the franchises listed for that player. Trades are allowed but must be between franchises listed on the spreadsheet for that player. By rule then any Core5+ player that doesn't have another franchise listed is exclusively yours or if a Core4/3 player ends up being affiliated with one of the weeded out franchises, they also are exclusively yours...and that means you don't have to auto draft them.

Now for the keeper side of the equation. To mirror real franchises as much as possible we will keep 215 players per season. Also I always thought that the revolving door that exists in the Mystery leagues where you drop Jackson or Ryan on their 'worst' years was an unfortunate side effect to the format...so as a motivator to keep those guys, any Core4+ players dropped cannot be on your roster the next season. You can however drop them and pick them back up, just needs to be by game 141 so they are on your roster at the end of the season.

Ok so here are the current franchises taken...I'll work on the draft franchise draft order here shortly.
Red Sox - Falcon29
Mets - Franky35
Yankees - Davesodu
Dodgers - sphilipp8
Braves - CrustyCrab
Astros - Yountfan
Giants - Fench33
Orioles - Rosie2167
Phillies - Sambruins

Clubs where mgrs still need to decide:
Gbrookes - Blue Jays or Expos
jjrecupero - Pirates or Royals

Clubs definitely available:
Indians
Reds
Rangers
Mariners
Cardinals
Angels
Athletics
Cubs
Brewers
Padres
Twins
Tigers
Marlins
Rockies
White Sox

FRANCHISE DRAFT
1. NEW MANAGER: NL or AL
2. CrustyCrab53 (146 total wins + Tie breaker: 152 total wins in season 5): NL-Braves, AL-
3. fench33 (146 total wins + Tie breaker: 157 total wins in season 5): NL-Giants, AL-
4. sambruins: NL-Phillies or AL-White Sox
5. jjrecupero: NL-Pirates or AL-Royals
6. Franky35 (161 total wins + Tie breaker: 158 total wins in season 5): NL-Mets, AL-
7. sphilipp8 (161 total wins + Tie breaker: 175 total wins in season 5): NL-Dodgers, AL-
8. gbrookes: NL-Expos or AL- Blue Jays
9. Davesodu (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 154 total wins in season 5): AL-Yankees, NL-
10. Rosie2167 (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 175 total wins in season 5): AL-Orioles, NL-
11. Yountfan: NL-Astros, AL-
12. Falcon29: AL-Red Sox, NL-
13. NEW MANAGER: NL or AL

2) Format is DH
4) Minimum 2 season commit, ideally we play 2 seasons in each decade rolling with your chosen franchise the whole way.
5) Salary cap $100
6) Trades are allowed but all players involved must be carded to or have played for those franchises

Fire me any questions
Rosie

Rosie2167

PostSat Aug 12, 2017 9:22 pm

Bal - KC

LA - Tor

When we repost it looks like the links stop working. I'll try and keep on top of that and repost these as necessary.

Rosie2167

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery - Crusty up, bench on deck

PostSat Aug 12, 2017 9:24 pm

Heads up, word is we have our 12th manager. Stay tuned!

BAL - KC
LA - TOR
for each franchise and wrapped the rules around that as follows. If these links aren't working see earlier post.

Red Sox - Falcon29
Mets - Franky35
Yankees - Davesodu
Dodgers - sphilipp8
Braves - CrustyCrab
Astros - Yountfan
Giants - Fench33
Orioles - Rosie2167
Phillies - Sambruins
Pirates - jjrecupero
Blue Jays - gbrookes
Mariners - piloneus382

Clubs available:
Indians
Reds
Rangers
Cardinals
Angels
Athletics
Cubs
Brewers
Padres
Twins
Tigers
Marlins
Rockies
White Sox
Royals
Expos

FRANCHISE DRAFT - slight adjustment. It seemed a bit more fair to plop the new manager into the middle of the second franchise pick.

1. piloneus382: NL or AL - Mariners
4. sambruins: NL-Phillies or AL-
5. jjrecupero: NL-Pirates or AL-
8. piloneus382: AL - Mariners, NL -
9. gbrookes: AL- Blue Jays, NL
10. Davesodu (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 154 total wins in season 5): AL-Yankees, NL-
12. Rosie2167 (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 175 total wins in season 5): AL-Orioles, NL-
12. Yountfan: NL-Astros, AL-
13. Falcon29: AL-Red Sox, NL-

2) Format is DH
5) Salary cap $100

Fire me any questions
Rosie

FALCON29

90s 24 team Mystery - Fench & Brookes up, Sam & Dave on

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 11:19 am

BAL - KC
LA - TOR
for each franchise and wrapped the rules around that as follows. If these links aren't working see earlier post.

Red Sox - Falcon29
Mets - Franky35
Yankees - Davesodu
Dodgers - sphilipp8
Braves - CrustyCrab
Astros - Yountfan
Giants - Fench33
Orioles - Rosie2167
Phillies - Sambruins
Pirates - jjrecupero
Blue Jays - gbrookes
Mariners - piloneus382

AL Clubs available:
Angels
Athletics
Brewers
Rangers
Royals
Tigers
Twins
White Sox

NL Clubs available:
Cardinals
Cubs
Marlins
Padres
Reds
Rockies

FRANCHISE DRAFT - slight adjustment. It seemed a bit more fair to plop the new manager into the middle of the second franchise pick.

2. CrustyCrab53 (146 total wins + Tie breaker: 152 total wins in season 5): NL-Braves, AL- Indians
8. piloneus382: AL - Mariners, NL - Expos
9. gbrookes: AL- Blue Jays, NL-
10. Davesodu (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 154 total wins in season 5): AL-Yankees, NL-
12. Rosie2167 (168 total wins + Tie breaker: 175 total wins in season 5): AL-Orioles, NL-

2) Format is DH
5) Salary cap $100

Fire me any questions
Rosie
Last edited by FALCON29 on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

bandit442

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery league - Crusty up, bench on deck

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 11:33 am

CrustyCrab picks Indians for AL team.
CrustyCrab53 is my new username, I don't know why forum still shows Bandit442.

gbrookes

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery-fench/gb'kes up, s'bruins/d'sodu on

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 1:28 pm

BAL - KC
LA - TOR

Red Sox - Falcon29
Mets - Franky35
Yankees - Davesodu
Dodgers - sphilipp8
Braves - CrustyCrab
Astros - Yountfan
Giants - Fench33
Orioles - Rosie2167
Phillies - Sambruins
Pirates - jjrecupero
Blue Jays - gbrookes
Mariners - piloneus382

AL Clubs available:
Angels
Athletics
Brewers
Rangers
Royals
Tigers
Twins
White Sox

NL Clubs available:
Cardinals
Cubs
Marlins
Padres
Reds
Rockies

2. CrustyCrab53 (146 total wins + Tie breaker: 152 total wins in season 5): NL-Braves, AL- Indians
9. gbrookes: AL- Blue Jays, NL- Cincinnati Reds

2) Format is DH
5) Salary cap $100

Fire me any questions
Rosie

gbrookes

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery-fench/gb'kes up, s'bruins/d'sodu on

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Reds

Rosie2167

Re: 90s 24 team Mystery-fench/davesodu up, s'bruins on deck

PostTue Aug 15, 2017 2:16 pm

BAL - KC
LA - TOR

Ok so here are the current franchises taken...
Red Sox - Falcon29
Mets - Franky35
Yankees - Davesodu
Dodgers - sphilipp8
Braves/Indians - CrustyCrab
Astros - Yountfan
Giants - Fench33
Orioles - Rosie2167
Phillies - Sambruins
Pirates - jjrecupero
Blue Jays/Reds - gbrookes
Mariners/Expos - piloneus382

AL Clubs available:
Angels
Athletics
Brewers
Rangers
Royals
Tigers
Twins
White Sox

NL Clubs available:
Cardinals
Cubs
Marlins
Padres
Rockies

9. gbrookes: AL- Blue Jays, NL- Cincinnati Reds

2) Format is DH
5) Salary cap $100

Fire me any questions
Rosie
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s