Reading the Play-by-Play

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Fjeff68

Reading the Play-by-Play

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 9:47 pm

Hoping for some newbie advice...

6 whole games into my first team, and I'm trying to figure out which of my 80's players might be on the worst year of the 5. Can someone explain how to read the play-by-play? (I searched the forums and came up empty. I always have a tough time with the search function in forums like this.)

The first column has things like "0", "1", "2" in some innings, and "1 2", "2 2", "2 2 3". What is this telling me?

The third column has a single digit from 1-7. I assumed this determined which card and column to reference - 1-3 hitters, 4-6 pitchers. But what's with the 7?

Fifth column has "b-0", "b-1", "1-2", "2-h b-h". No clue what this is trying to tell me.

Last column has F9. I assumed this was pitchers fatigue rating, but some games have F9 all the way through the game. Does this mean neither pitcher had an issue with fatigue?

In my first game's play-by-play, Ron Guidry gave up a HR, to a lefty, with a "6" in column 3. There is only one year (his worst) that has "HR" in that column. I assumed this meant I must have pulled Guidry's worst year. However, I noticed two hitters earlier, the play-by-play says "HBP" and again references "6". Guidry doesnt have "HBP" in ANY column, on ANY year.

Anyone know how I'm reading these wrong? Or how this is possible?

Thanks guys!

FJ

coyote303

Re: Reading the Play-by-Play

PostWed Aug 09, 2017 10:26 pm

Double post. Bad!

I answered your questions in the General Strategy subforum, so I won't repeat it here.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s