pitching screwed up in just my league???

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

chrisfu

pitching screwed up in just my league???

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 am

Tonight Danny Jackson went in to start for me on 1 day rest instead of Matt Keough. Keough is not injured, I had set Keough to start obviously, you can't set a guy to pitch after he has started only a day ago. My opponent got to pitch Dennis Martinez against me with only 2 days rest. Tomorrow it is telling me that I am facing Doug Corbett and Keith Atherton (relievers only) as starters facing me when my opponent has no injured starters, a roster with plenty of starting pitching available. Why is this so screwed up?

chris.sied@yahoo.com

Re: pitching screwed up in just my league???

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 10:09 am

This same thing happened in about half my ATG leagues. Not all of them, but enough to really make a mess of things. I had a couple pitchers start back-to-back games.

PowellCrosleyJr

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 1:21 pm

I had this happen in 3 leagues last night. One starter in each going on short rest. I do a day by day rotation and still had a slot skipped.

chrisfu

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 1:41 pm

If this happened in a lot of leagues, I don't know why more people don't care. And why is there no apology or announcement about this. I can understand not being able to fix it at this point, most people have set line ups, rotations for the next day, but it'd at least be nice to get an acknowledgement or apology. 2 responses, almost nobody seems to notice or care???

gbrookes

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 2:09 pm

Major Glitch in Friday's games!!!!!!!

As has been pointed out in the 200x and ATG threads, there is a major glitch in Friday's games, in which starting pitchers made starts without sufficient rest.

Here is an example from my team's "schedule", where Chris Short had only 2 games rest in between starts.

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/te ... le/1393206

In some cases, starting pitchers are even starting in consecutive games, from Thursday night into Friday night.

I've sent an email to strat, with links to several discussion board posts on this. But you may wish to contact strat using the Help/Contact Us menu item.

Here is a link to my post on the PC tourney page:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=637694

Geoff Brookes

gbrookes

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=637693

(link to posts in 200X boards)

gbrookes

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 2:21 pm

This is the email that I sent to strat a few minutes ago:

***MASSIVE GLITCH ON FRIDAY NIGHT"S GAMES** **AFFECTING PC TOURNEY BUT ALSO ALL CARDSETS AND LEAGUES*** Member: gbrookes

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=637693&p=5520422&sid=7d9c0399f02499830c42193ea3cb2c64#p5520422

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=637686

Affecting PC Tourney:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=637694

My post on the PC tourney discussion board:
GLITCH AFFECTING SOME FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES!
• Edit post
• Delete post
• Report this post
Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:53 pm
Please see this thread on the 200x boards:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=637693

Based on my quick glance through the Friday games, the following teams/games are affected (including their opponent, indirectly):

League 1 -

waynick
bbasebrawl
Jeepdriver
unclerowser
ScumbyJr
durantjerry

League 2 -

GoDucks (ugh, Mike, and you're running the Mystery tourney, agghh!)
mesquiton
hendrix08
AZHawg

League 3-

narkyura
pushpin76
Gibl
JR_Shark
dalelawrence
jmoore1966
bob711

Thanks to Scumby for pointing this out.

This glitch appears to have been pervasive, right across every card set and league. The only teams that appear not to have been affected in some cases are teams with 4 SP*'s, where they just let strat run the starters in descending order on the team roster sheet, from game 1 of the season. Any change in per-game starter order, or teams with a non * SP rotation, appear to have been affected by this glitch.

In other words, many, many series are affected on Friday night!

Please email strat about the issue, using the "contact us" drop down on the help bar, if you've been affected, directly or indirectly.

If nothing else, if they haven't noticed the glitch yet, the volume of emails should get their attention quickly (I hope).

Honestly, it looks like it goes across all card sets, including ATG. It looks to me like Friday's games might have to be re-run - just my thinking only.
Geoff PC commissioner (J-Pav taking over in 2015).

gbrookes

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Please email strat, citing your league name and team name. Hopefully the volume of emails will help.

It's theoretically possible that some leagues weren't affected, but it seems like most leagues were affected.

gbrookes

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Received from strat -

"Hi Geoff,

Yes, there was a widespread glitch last night that unfortunately caused our system to lose track of who pitched in the preceding series, and who was supposed to pitch in last night’s games. This is the reason why certain pitchers ended up starting games on short rest.

Unfortunately, at this point, it’s not technically possible for us to do anything about the results of last night’s games, and rotations for tonight’s games and beyond will have to be based on what has transpired. We’re sorry that we’re unable to rectify how any particular team and league, and regrettably the tournament, were affected by this.

What we can do is investigate the cause of the incident, and try and make sure it doesn't happen again. The root problem was a freak outage at Amazon Web Services, which is the normally reliable host where our servers are located. We’re taking steps to improve how our system reacts to unexpected occurrences like this, rare as they may be.

We apologize again for this, and thank you for understanding.

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic Baseball Online"

I guess we'll just have to keep calm and carry on. Their response to my email was fast.

BigAMcInroy

PostSat Feb 28, 2015 5:49 pm

I dont know about others but in at least one of my games the pitcher that started on two days rest was at f9 to start the game. I thought it was just me. I only noticed because the per game pitchers i had already configured ahead were full of red x's
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s