Help w/ reading the cards for Mystery Tournament Managers

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

crazyab

Re: Help w/ reading the cards for Mystery Tournament Manager

PostSun Jan 10, 2021 7:15 pm

Yep - I had 90 Fletcher, 89 Newman, 86 Young - so the N power over W may have made the difference, but again, Newman appears to have the better odds of bringing the go ahead run home in the 8th and likely winning the game.

Spider 67

PostMon Feb 01, 2021 10:32 am

Just had Hiatt injured on a single against a RHP. How does that happen? He has injuries on HBP, strikeouts and a gb ss(A).

FALCON29

PostMon Feb 01, 2021 9:46 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Just had Hiatt injured on a single against a RHP. How does that happen? He has injuries on HBP, strikeouts and a gb ss(A).

Two of those strikeouts are clutch hitting designations. It's one of those.

Spider 67

PostTue Feb 02, 2021 10:43 am

FALCON29 wrote:
Spider 67 wrote:Just had Hiatt injured on a single against a RHP. How does that happen? He has injuries on HBP, strikeouts and a gb ss(A).

Two of those strikeouts are clutch hitting designations. It's one of those.

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that!

rolltide78546

Re: D Josephson: reading the cards for Mystery Tournament Ma

PostSun May 02, 2021 1:08 am

stratorat wrote:Just finished a 70's season and had Duane pegged as 70 card based on his FB injury and HR vs a LHP. HAL just published the cards after the season and had him as 69?
I thought a "W" on that side of his card does hit a homerun you may be able to eliminate 68 and 69 leaving 70 as the card??
Does HAL sometimes error in reporting the players' cards?? Or, am I missing something???

When are you able to see which cards were used and where to see them? I just completed my first season tonight.

jjii66

Re: D Josephson: reading the cards for Mystery Tournament Ma

PostSun May 02, 2021 12:59 pm

"When are you able to see which cards were used and where to see them? I just completed my first season tonight."[/quote]

After the playoffs are over, each player will have the year next to his name on your roster.

pacoboy

PostWed Dec 22, 2021 5:23 pm

I like to look out for double and triple plays by line outs and see if a LO MAX is on a hitters card

timothygager

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 9:41 am

According to a player in a Stat Board

A batter getting flyball A on his card needs 120 sub-chances on a homerun

According to Bruce Bundy article in Strat Fan (May 1992): The only batters who qualify for a flyball A are those with at least 120 subchances (6 full chances) of homers.

Does this hold up for anyone as fact---and if so, it's another mystery card tell.

barrmorris

PostSun Jul 30, 2023 11:12 am

Tricky read, but I think I figured it out.

80s: Scott Sanderson is injured for 5 games on a gbC by Bob Horner(bats-R). Sanderson's 6-12 readings vs. R are flyC, k, k, k, split si/lineout. So how was it a gbC? I finally figured out that it was a hit & run. In the super-advanced game, you roll 3 dice for a hit&run. If it's a 1-3 you read from hit & run chart, if it's a 4-6 you read from pitcher's card. So the 6-12 roll that injured Sanderson would result in a reading from his card - but in a hit & run situation, k's get reread from the h&r adjustments chart. Assuming the runner on first (Yount) was being held on, Horner becomes a B rated h&r. For a B rated h&r, k's are changed to gbC. So Sanderson has k's at 6-12 for 82, 84, and 86 - and since he was injured for more than 3 games it is further narrowed to 84 or 86.

That took me all morning.

davehaller

PostThu Jan 04, 2024 12:30 am

OK, this should be easy, but I don't see it.
Deshaies got injured giving up a HR to Meulens.
So Meulens RHB and DH ok. Look up all Deshaies 6-12's vs RHB.
Ballpark hr, gb ssx, walk, fb rfx, gb 1bx
It says under the sim misc. Tab that Deshaies has not allowed a Ballpark HR all year, and Burnitz was playing in RF and is a 3, so no 3b stretched to a HR possible.
Think it over and will post answer below.

End of the year documents it's year 1988, so the first card, and my conclusion is that you can not reliably use the absence of a ballpark hr for an injury reveal or possibly at all when analyzing cards.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s