Anyone else concerned about this statement?

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Radagast Brown

Re: Anyone else concerned about this statement?

PostMon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks Adam Katz. It would be nice to know if that is still the case. It is bad enough that new people do not know the player pool, they should not have the further disadvantage of not knowing the rules and Hal's procedures for the bullpen and starting rotations. I think until I get a definitive answer I will hold off on playing.

djkalle

PostMon Aug 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Nothing has changed on the pitchers end of things. Adam Katz has it exactly right. I've tried to get more detailed but it really is an educated guess. I would say that the old HAL hitter blank lineup was 99% accurate as far as my dropping the right guys. I never picked up anyone who was dropped from a HAL blank lineup user that was an expert at it. But it wasn't that easy to learn the system in detail. As for my early pitcher drops, I would say I am wrong 20% of the time, sometimes dropping a players best card, especially the relievers.

Go ahead and play. Nothing has changed on the pitchers.

Radagast Brown

PostTue Aug 20, 2013 12:24 am

Thanks I appreciate that.

LMBombers

PostTue Aug 20, 2013 7:15 am

AdamKatz wrote:...and if he put the same guy in every time you were down by 10 runs, it was probably your worst.

If that was the case too often then it really wouldn't matter for your team. :lol:

wavygravy2k

PostWed Oct 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Hey all. I haven't played Strat-O-Matic Online since it left SportingNews but I'm thinking about getting back into it. Who's idea was it to change this lineup logic? This is going to take the the fun out of trying to figure out the cards.

voovits

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 4:23 am

Apparently Strat-O-Matic decided what's best for us and chose to change things. I would bet a few people complained so they changed it. The game is still fun, but not nearly as fun as it used to be. I get more entertainment from playing the CDROM game at this point.

Though I will admit it seems I'm part of the vocal minority in voicing my displeasure in the change as more people seem for it rather than against it.

LMBombers

PostThu Oct 03, 2013 6:41 am

It is still fun trying to figure out the cards. Only you have to do it the old fashioned way......via injury and actual results as the game was meant to be played. No more immediate reveals and drops based on where HAL put him in the lineup. No more churning through all the one year wonder players as quickly as you can.

Knerrpool

PostFri Oct 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Wavy,

Get back in! We miss you (and your scripts!).
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s