Theme idea, looking for suggestions:

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

voovits

Theme idea, looking for suggestions:

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 1:19 pm

I've been toying with an idea for a new theme league, but I need the community to help build it.

Basically, the premise will be this:

- 80 million/DH

- 5 round live draft, any player set will (probably) work.

- random effect changes what happens to the drafted players.

So the idea is that you draft 5 players, but dont know what the after draft effect is going to be until the draft is over. The effect that we get will be randomly determined at the end of the draft.

I have a few possibilities for random effects in mind, but I would like the community to chime in with some others they have in mind.

Keep in mind, I we need a fair share of positive/neutral effects than we need negative effects or else people will just draft bad players. I want you to have to think about who you're drafting and the possible side effects.

I have 6 so far. Keep in mind, only one would be selected. This format would allow for many of the same theme to be run because there is more than one possibility, and there are 3 different player sets to play with.

--

1. All drafted players now can NOT be drafted and are ineligible for all managers for entire season

2. Drafted players must remain on roster all season long

3. Drafted group of players will be randomly assigned to another manager, and must keep them on roster for first series. (In addition, those players are ineligible to the original drafting manager all season long(optional).)

4. Drafted players must be put at the bottom of your draft card, but other managers may put them on their draft card anywhere.

5. Nothing happens, you keep the drafted players and the season goes on as normal.

6. Keep the drafted players, but the league will have a 60 million cap. Those players must play the first series on your team.

--

Any other ideas? Is it even a good theme idea? This is not a thread for signups, I'm just compiling ideas.

ROBERTLATORRE

Re: Theme idea, looking for suggestions:

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm

The 60 players picked go into a draft pool and a new 5 round draft is held with only those players, with the restriction that the manager who selected them originally cannot draft them again.

Of course I would draft the worst priced players in the card set to force them on the other managers in the re-draft, but I am unfriendly like that...HELLLLLO ELLIS VALENTINE!

franky35

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:47 pm

3 of your drafted players can be passed to another team in your division and must stay on that team for the entire season.

LMBombers

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Random order is run. Each manager must take one player from another team's drafted players. You can only take one player from a team. If the 12th manager's team has not lost a player by the 11th pick then the 11th manager must take a player from the 12 manager's team. A player can only be stolen once so another manager can not steal your stolen player. Every team will then steal a player and have a player stolen.

voovits

PostSat Oct 06, 2012 9:04 am

all solid ideas so far. I like the way this is going.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s