HAL (cpu manager) fail

Our Mystery Card games - Superstar Sixties, The '70s Game, Back to the '80s, Back to the '90s, Dynamite 2000s

Moderators: Palmtana, coyote303

• Author

Ragnarokpc

HAL (cpu manager) fail

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 12:15 am

I don't normally like to bitch about this stuff . . . but after losing two games in the bottom half of the last inning (three if you include out softball league playoff, grrrr) I have to vent. In one of the games, HAL brought in my closer . . . at F0. Four singles later (surprise!) he realizes there's another arm in the bullpen and brings him in. This pitcher gave up the last hit of the game . . . but if you're like me, I'll take my chances with a worse pitcher who isn't so tired his arm is about to fall off. I really didn't need to have both teams go 1-2 tonight, that move did not help one bit.

ROBERTLATORRE

Re: HAL (cpu manager) fail

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 am

Ragnarokpc wrote:I don't normally like to bitch about this stuff . . . but after losing two games in the bottom half of the last inning (three if you include out softball league playoff, grrrr) I have to vent.

A little advice, don't let HAL manage you softball team!

Knerrpool

Re: HAL (cpu manager) fail

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 5:05 pm

I had the opposite happen last night. I have my closer set to Max. HAL had two last-inning save situations and didn't bring in the closer either time (won 1, lost 1). In the one I lost, the starter, who was set to Quick Hook and had already given up 6 runs, was still in the game in the 10th inning while my rested closer was sitting in the bullpen! I'm chalking it up to just some kind of random thing as I have been pretty happy with my pitching usage up until then.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball: '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s, 2000s