Finals - Forum draft information

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

barrmorris

Finals - Forum draft information

PostTue Dec 26, 2023 1:37 pm

I know you've all done this before, but here is a repost of forum draft information.

1. I will create a draft thread soon.
2. The clock for the draft will start at 10 am Eastern on Thursday , December 28. Prior to that time, managers are free to make their picks when it is their turn. No time pressure so don't worry if you are traveling. When the clock starts, managers will have 2 hours to make their pick or risk being skipped. The 2-hour time limit starts when the prior manager posts their pick. I will monitor all drafts and indicate when a manager can be skipped. Managers should not enforce the time limit on another manager without my post that the the time has elapsed. The only exception to this is CirrhoticLiver may enforce the limit if I go over my two hours (I won’t). The reason for this is that I do not want conflicts arising among managers in the league. I will do my best to enforce the clock uniformly.
5. The clock will be paused at 10 pm Eastern each evening and restarted the next morning at 10 am Eastern. Drafting may continue during these hours, but the clock will not be running. Whatever time has elapsed when the clock is suspended carries over into the morning. That is, if an hour has elapsed as of 10 pm and no pick occurs overnight, 1 hour is considered to have elapsed when the clock restarts at 10 am.
6. A manager who has been skipped may make their pick for that round at any time but cannot choose any player (or ballpark) already chosen.
7. If you are concerned about your availability, you may communicate your pick to another member to post your pick by proxy. I will be a good person to use for that purpose as long as you consider that I am in your league and you may not want to communicate your draft intentions to me.
8. When making a pick on the draft thread, please copy the entire prior list and paste it in your post and then add your pick. Please don’t just post your pick without copying the prior list and do not quote the prior post (copy and paste instead).
9. The forum draft lasts three rounds, with the third round being a player and a ballpark. You may defer your ballpark pick. If managers defer ballpark pick, the round will continue after the 12th manager, going in reverse order. Remember not to re-use a ballpark used in earlier events.
10. After the draft is completed, you may prepare the rest of your draft list for auto-draft. Put the players you picked during the forum draft in the last 3 positions of your draft priority list and choose the ballpark you picked during the forum draft. Do not put any other team’s forum-drafted players on your list. If you do, you will have to trade that player to the rightful manager for the player that they got.
11. Please mark your team ready for draft within a couple days after he forum draft is completed.

If you have questions, please let me know.

waynick

Re: Finals - Forum draft information

PostTue Dec 26, 2023 6:43 pm

We can draft now without a clock if I read the rules correctly. Is that right?

barrmorris

Re: Finals - Forum draft information

PostTue Dec 26, 2023 7:00 pm

waynick wrote:We can draft now without a clock if I read the rules correctly. Is that right?

Yes, of course you still have to draft in the proper order.

Return to --- Player's Championship