Additional Instructions for Forum Draft

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

barrmorris

Additional Instructions for Forum Draft

PostSun Oct 15, 2023 6:52 pm

The draft is three rounds with the third round including ballpark. Do not duplicate a ballpark from a previous event.

You have two hours in which to make your pick before moving on to the next manager in line. The 2-hour time clock starts when the prior manager makes their pick.

The clock is suspended at 10 pm Eastern each day and resumed at 10 am Eastern the next day.

Whatever time has elapsed when the clock is suspended carries over into the morning. That is, if an hour has elapsed as of 10 pm, 1 hour is considered to have elapsed when the clock restarts at 10 am.

I will monitor all drafts and indicate when the 2 hours have elapsed. Managers should not enforce the time limit on another manager without my post that the the time has elapsed. The only exception to this is in League 1 where DERRICKSANSON may enforce the limit if I go over my two hours (I won’t). The reason for this is that I do not want conflicts arising among managers in the league. I will do my best to enforce the clock uniformly.

If a manager misses making a pick within the two hours, they may still make their pick at any time after that – the only restriction is that they may not pick a player chosen in the interim.

Picks may continue to be made when the clock is suspended. There’s just no time restriction during that time.

When making a pick, please make sure that you’re copying the most recent post with prior draft picks. Copy and paste (do not quote) the prior list and then enter your pick in the appropriate spot.

Courtneylant

Re: Additional Instructions for Forum Draft

PostMon Oct 16, 2023 6:22 pm

Can you clarify on Ballpark in Round 3?

Rules state you can defer drafting a ballpark in round 3. Why would anyone draft one as it appears the only restriction is that you can't reuse a ballpark you've used in the tournament already, but more than 1 manager can have the same ballpark in any league?
-Alexander Supertramp

barrmorris

PostMon Oct 16, 2023 6:30 pm

Deferring doesn't mean you don't have to pick one eventually during the third round of this draft. It just means you want to wait and see what ballpark others pick. If, for example, all 12 managers deferred, the round would continue in reverse order, with number 12 having to pick a ballpark, them number 11, etc. You are not allowed to defer again the second time through. Take a look at last year's draft, I think there were a few deferrals that might help illustrate it.

Courtneylant

PostMon Oct 16, 2023 6:35 pm

that's clear - thx!
-Alexander Supertramp

Palmtana

PostMon Oct 16, 2023 6:45 pm

Here's an example of deferring the park pick:

https://forum-365.strat-o-matic.com/com ... d&start=60

exwallman

PostMon Oct 16, 2023 7:41 pm

Now I am confused. Question: more than 1 manager can have the same ballpark in any league "or" it has to be a unique ballpark that you never used before?

barrmorris

PostMon Oct 16, 2023 7:53 pm

Unique ballpark within the league and one you've never used before.

Return to --- Player's Championship