Clarification requested on semi final draft

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Courtneylant

Clarification requested on semi final draft

PostSat Sep 30, 2023 8:36 am

Apologize in advance, as this is my first time with this format...

I understand the first 3 rounds will be via this forum on a timed basis.

Questions...

1. Does the forum draft portion happen before a league is set up when a draft list and ballpark is required?
2. What happens if someone does not respond in time in the forum? Are they just skipped?
3. After the forum rounds, how does the rest of the draft work? Do you then set up your draft list and choose your ballpark for the remaining 22 players?
4. Does Strat or the Commissioner have to set up the 3 leagues with our first 3 picks, and possibly a ballpark, already loaded before you set the rest of your draft list?

Thanks
-Alexander Supertramp

barrmorris

Re: Clarification requested on semi final draft

PostSat Sep 30, 2023 10:06 am

Courtneylant wrote:Apologize in advance, as this is my first time with this format...

I understand the first 3 rounds will be via this forum on a timed basis.

Questions...

1. Does the forum draft portion happen before a league is set up when a draft list and ballpark is required?

I may set up the leagues before the forum draft, but you will not prepare and mark your draft list as ready until after the 3-round forum draft.

2. What happens if someone does not respond in time in the forum? Are they just skipped?

Yes. I will do my best to enforce time limits and note when a manager may be skipped. The skipped manager will be able to make their pick later though. If a manager knows that they will be away, they can communicate their proxy pick to someone else (me perhaps if I'm not in the same league).

3. After the forum rounds, how does the rest of the draft work? Do you then set up your draft list and choose your ballpark for the remaining 22 players?

After the forum rounds, you will make your auto-draft list with the 3 players you picked on your list in the last (lowest priority) positions. It is important to be aware of who other managers picked so that you do not put them on your list. If that happens, a trade must be performed to get the player to the rightful manager.

4. Does Strat or the Commissioner have to set up the 3 leagues with our first 3 picks, and possibly a ballpark, already loaded before you set the rest of your draft list?

No. See above. Also - one way to see how this all works is to scroll back in the forum to see last year's draft. Last year's commissioner, Jeepdriver, did a great job of moving the draft along. I hope to do the same.

Thanks

Courtneylant

Re: Clarification requested on semi final draft

PostSun Oct 01, 2023 7:52 am

Awesome - that makes sense. Thank you
-Alexander Supertramp

Return to --- Player's Championship