Event 3 Leagues FULL & Closed

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

Re: Event 3 Leagues FULL & Closed

PostThu Jul 14, 2022 10:45 pm

There were 9 leagues in the 5th event a couple of years ago, 12 leagues in the 1st event--that year started 1st week of May and each event start was at least 3 weeks apart, some 4 weeks.

We are 10-11 days from event 4 right now, and event 3 has just filled--we are in catch up mode because we started tournament so late, and I agree it is a bit hectic, especially if you just want to play in other general auto-leagues.

I think it is obvious that starting tournament earlier gets more leagues as the interest in the newest set is still high--Starting in April would be even better and allow you to space events a bit more.

Starting tournament earlier could give a little more time for 1st event to get more teams in--at least an extra week, and you want as many managers as possible in the 1st event.

RandyW64

Re: Event 3 Leagues FULL & Closed

PostFri Jul 15, 2022 12:11 am

milleram wrote:There were 9 leagues in the 5th event a couple of years ago, 12 leagues in the 1st event--that year started 1st week of May and each event start was at least 3 weeks apart, some 4 weeks.

We are 10-11 days from event 4 right now, and event 3 has just filled--we are in catch up mode because we started tournament so late, and I agree it is a bit hectic, especially if you just want to play in other general auto-leagues.

I think it is obvious that starting tournament earlier gets more leagues as the interest in the newest set is still high--Starting in April would be even better and allow you to space events a bit more.

Starting tournament earlier could give a little more time for 1st event to get more teams in--at least an extra week, and you want as many managers as possible in the 1st event.

I 100% agree with this. Best start would be right around opening day for MLB, or even a week earlier.
Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship