** Semi-Final Draft Running Now**

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

RandyW64

Re: ** Semi-Final Draft Running Now**

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 am

Juiced JC wrote:As Gilbo said in the League 1 thread, we need to move on as this has been long enough, AND it’s not really that much of a “punishment” to have your pick lower in the draft. We are all building different teams - it’s not like we’re all after the same few players. The missing owners can pick and catch up when they check in.

Also, if one of those guys has to ultimately be replaced by the 37,38,39 team or whatever, then that replacement team would get three picks at the end— which is fair, given they didn’t technically make the semis and shouldn’t get to just “step in.”

My 1.5 cents. :)

Mr Baseball World

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 am

I am going to give them a bit more time. I know it’s been days and I know waiting sucks. No one is more stressed and frustrated by this than me.

Rules will be in place for the finals and for next year(if we do any live drafting next year). My mistake for not having rules for this in place. I naively assumed people would be quicker and we would not have issues

Both of them were on last weekend so I am hopeful that they will make their picks Saturday. Ultimately I don’t think being skipped is a big issue but am reluctant to do so without rules in place. At some point soon we will have to. Bigger issues occur if ultimately we have to replace someone as issues of division alignment and fairness come in to play. Hopefully we will get on track soon and won’t have to solve that conundrum

Juiced JC

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 9:54 am

Just a reminder that in addition to the 2 people "on the clock", we also have one other player yet to pick who hasn't been checking in:

SiblinRivals in League 1 - Last visited:Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:55 am
davehaller in League 3 - Last visited:Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:14 pm
Elmo041209 in League 3 - Last visited:Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:16 pm

Mr Baseball World

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 12:42 pm

My worry is if we skip and then after the draft have to replace one of the early guys that we will have significant disagreement on how to integrate #37 in the mix. Elmo picks 12th do there shouldn’t be an issue there if we need to place #37 there

I am at Badger football game. Probably do something with my daughter after that, head to the office to catch up on shit and then home late. Will put forth a plan tonight if necessary.

Juiced JC

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:10 pm

I thought of a new way to try and reach our 3 players - I created a "fake" private league and sent them a "fake" invitation to join. That sends them an email, so in the invitation message I told them to come here and check in. We'll see if it works!

I feel like a castaway on an island who has nothing but time to think about ways to attract the attention of planes flying overhead, LOL!

J-Pav

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:17 pm

Juiced JC wrote:I thought of a new way to try and reach our 3 players - I created a "fake" private league and sent them a "fake" invitation to join. That sends them an email, so in the invitation message I told them to come here and check in. We'll see if it works!

I feel like a castaway on an island who has nothing but time to think about ways to attract the attention of planes flying overhead, LOL!

Good stuff!! :lol: That’s the spirit we’ve been needing around here! Well done! :D

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Brilliant idea! To top it off, you should have Gilligan get you some coconut so you can build your own Internet connector

J-Pav

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:21 pm

:lol:

And it WORKED!

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:27 pm

We are going to call you the professor from now on

J-Pav

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 2:35 pm