** Semi-Final Draft Running Now**

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Palmtana

Re: ** Semi-Final Draft Running Now**

PostThu Nov 11, 2021 11:45 pm

This is the nature of drafting on the boards. There is the manager who is tardy (usually for good reason, but not always).....the manager who takes umbrage at the manager who is tardy.....managers who are neither tardy or take umbrage at the manager who is often tardy. The latter are the majority.

The talk of a clock doesn't fit here because of the importance of the occasion and the low number of Rounds.

Hang in there. It will be done.

Gilbo

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 12:20 am

I like your perspective and attitude Palmtana! :D True, it is not many rounds - Thank the Lord!!!.
It wouldn't even take that long if each player would take a looksee even just once per day... 8-)

Juiced JC

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 9:50 am

Just did a quick scan of the "last visited" timestamp for the people who haven't drafted yet. Everyone seems to be checking in regularly except for these 3 players:

siblinrivals in League 1
davehaller in League 3
Elmo04120 in League 3

These 3 folks haven't visited at all for 3-5 days so they likely aren't aware that the drafts have started. Once we get in touch with them I think things will start moving quickly because everyone else seems ready.

toshiro

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 10:31 am

Send an in league message to the blocker guys in most recent PC league:

siblinrivals in League 1 -- https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/456583
davehaller in League 3 -- https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/456545

In case these guys are active but have forgotten about the boards ( I don't necessarily check in on boards for stretches),

Maybe we'll get lucky and dislodge them.

jsanders3rd

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 10:53 am

I go back to say a 2 hour time limit between picks would really help. To the response on the guy in Australia, of course if there is a special case the league members should allow consideration. Thats a discussion to have before the draft.

But we are going on 48 hours without a pick in League 1. Is there a point when we just say lets move forward?

P.S. Thanks Toshiro for all your efforts to reach out to the people holding this draft up.

toshiro

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 10:55 am

No prob jsanders ( I'm eager to move forward as well ).

I'm not in those 2 PC leagues so I can't send msgs to those guys. Check to see if you're in that league and ping them w/a msg.

RandyW64

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 11:30 am

I sent a message in Pc4 league yesterday to Dave and Elmo. Still unread. Sent another one just now.
Likely they are not around temporarily. I’m sure they will surface, but Toshiro is likely correct, they probably don’t know the draft started.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 12:54 pm

I am trying to be patient and understand people are busy, but I am also home sick the last 2 days and bored out of my mind now.

hendrix08

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 2:10 pm

I sent siblinrivals a message in PC Event 3, but no response as of yet.

Mr Baseball World

PostFri Nov 12, 2021 3:30 pm

At some point we will have to come up with a plan B. For now we wait. I am hopeful that things will move quickly once Ed get rolling. We will definitely implement a start date for the Finals draft once the semifinals start to help assure that all will be ready when we start….maybe a clock as well with consensus in advance from the masses
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship