** Semi-Final Draft Running Now**

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Juiced JC

Re: ** Semi-Final Draft Running Now**

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 3:24 pm

J-Pav wrote:We’re going to call him Commishioner from now on. :lol:

Sorry, I’m already the commissioner of the Mystery Tournament!

toshiro

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Juiced -- We may need you to figure out how to fire a signal flare for the league 3 guys using the Strato mechanisms. Wot say you? Maybe a hack to enhance the HAL AI?

Juiced JC

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 4:16 pm

I just another flare up (another invitation) - maybe they’ll see this one!

SiblinRivals

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 4:34 pm

randal64 wrote:
Juiced JC wrote:As Gilbo said in the League 1 thread, we need to move on as this has been long enough, AND it’s not really that much of a “punishment” to have your pick lower in the draft. We are all building different teams - it’s not like we’re all after the same few players. The missing owners can pick and catch up when they check in.

Also, if one of those guys has to ultimately be replaced by the 37,38,39 team or whatever, then that replacement team would get three picks at the end— which is fair, given they didn’t technically make the semis and shouldn’t get to just “step in.”

My 1.5 cents. :)

Posted in another thread some of the same ideas, but...

Wouldn't it be easier to have an actual date set so everyone knows?
Not hard. We should know when the final league of session 5 is going to end (very close to exact) about 2 months before the draft. As soon as that league forms. Can even build in max 7 game series for both semi's and finals to be safe.

Now, before someone says that we would have down time in the event that the final league had a 4 game semi and 4 game final, I will acknowledge that. In the very unlikely even that would happen, there would be at most a 6 day delay. When we have all finished 5 seasons over 5-6 months, a six day delay wouldn't be horrible. But again it's unlikely we would have a 4 and 4. Most likely we'd be at a 3 day delay on average...and this season there was a delay from saturday (when last league ended) and wednesday (when draft started).

So I would propose that the commissioner, upon announcement of the final league start date... simply add 54 days for the actual season itself, 3 day break for the end of regular season to the semis...and then build in 5 days for the semis, a day off and 5 days for the finals... so 68 days from the final league starting we can set the date.

Strato can then potentially send one reminder to the 36 semifinalists with the start date for the draft.

If we actually have a solid date for the start of the draft, then all of the people posting and wanting to remove/bump/pick for the people who were unable to be on at the start would have a foundation to do so...since everyone will have been informed in advance.

My two-cents.

Juiced JC

PostSat Nov 13, 2021 6:35 pm

Elmo has checked in, just need a holla back from davehaller…..

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostSun Nov 14, 2021 8:55 am

Here is some motivation to get this draft moving. I don't mean to be a jacka$$, but the date for this league to start was supposed to be around November 15 according to the official tournament page. As I said previously, I used that page as the guidelines for this tournament. Now I am going to be largely unavailable this coming weekend, so if we aren't ready to draft by Monday night in order to have a Thursday opening night, I am going to have to unready my team. I don't see how it is fair that I wouldn't get to work on my team up until opening night when I have been sitting here ready to draft since Tuesday.
Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship