Semi-Finals League 2 Play Ball!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

midge1266

Re: Semi-Finals League 2 League Completed

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 10:42 am

I was thinking maybe the easiest way to do it to remove him from you roster and I will pick him up from the free agents list. I will remove Bret Gardner from my team. I know that"s not an even trade but that would at least solve the problem well before waivers are up. I'm heading out the door to go fishing. Be back in about six hours.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 10:44 am

Just do a straight up trade of Gardner ol or Dickerson so you can have it done by waivers.

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 10:44 am

Easiest solution is to trade Dickerson for Gardner and then knerrpool could dump Gardner or use him

J-Pav

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 11:30 am

I was able to drop both Dickerson and Gardner from the rosters, but it appears I can’t add Dickerson back to midge, it goes to waivers. I told midge to simply add Dickerson to the bottom of his waiver picks. He’ll have to be mindful of salary, but this should work.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 am

Drop support an email. I bet they can add them back to the rosters.

J-Pav

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 11:34 am

I did email support to make the adjustment. We’ll see how it goes -

Lastly, I wanted to give a shout-out to delbird. :D

Closing the league at nearly 11pm eastern, I was curious to see if the draft would run at the deadline…I’ve seen this movie before and it almost always doesn’t end well.

However, the draft ran last night and everything is good! :lol:

J-Pav

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 12:04 pm

Attention midge and Knerrpool:

If Strat doesn’t add the players back to your rosters, you will each have 24 man teams. I highly recommend that when you do waivers, you leave the very first waiver pick blank on the drop side, bringing your roster back to 25 after the first pick.

If you do not do this, HAL might not like your 24 man rosters and deny all your additional waiver picks. This would be a giant Charlie Foxtrot.

Hopefully Strat can get the two roster moves done before tomorrow, and we can avoid any unforeseen drama. If you miss your first pick, it could affect how the rest of how waivers run if it moves to the next pick and there’s a drop attached to that second pick (leaving you with a 24 man roster again).

moodysix

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 10:32 pm

It might make sense for midge and knerrpool to take a screen shot of their intended waiver moves and save it off in case they have to show what moves they were trying to make. I'm sure if things get fouled up, we'd try to accommodate their intended transactions.

J-Pav

PostWed Nov 17, 2021 10:50 pm

Me, MBW and Palmtana have all emailed online game support. I’m still hoping they resolve this before waivers tomorrow, but you’re right, all precautions at this point.

J-Pav

PostThu Nov 18, 2021 11:23 am

Huge shout-out to online game support for fixing the rosters before waivers today! :D

Thank you to Palmtana and MBW for helping me reach out, too. 8-)

FWIW, support told me the intent of the Commishioner tools was to be able to add names back to rosters as easily as you can drop them. It appears they were a little surprised that I could only add the names back to “waivers” and not the rosters. Hopefully this leads to better functioning down the road for the in-league Commishioner. :ugeek:
Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship