*** ATTENTION: Updated Roll Call - Drafts Underway ***

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

J-Pav

*** ATTENTION: Updated Roll Call - Drafts Underway ***

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 2:32 pm

Managers,

We need to resolve the rules situation, and you need to enter an individual opinion. I don’t want to set this up in the form of a poll, because I don’t believe I can limit the voters to just the 36 participants. There are incredibly equal arguments for either option, so I think we should all go on the record to decide how we want this to work out.

Please vote on the following as soon as you see this:

A. Follow the rules on the actual tournament rules page (last years rules, no semis draft, just a ballpark draft)

B. Follow the tournament rules thread as discussed in the forum, with the following clarification:

Three round draft, two players and a ballpark, where the ballpark can be taken in any round.
Last edited by J-Pav on Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

J-Pav

Re: *** ATTENTION: Updated Roll Call and Vote***

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 2:32 pm

B

waynick

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 3:30 pm

B

Axlerod Gunderson

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 4:02 pm

B is the only solution. You can’t change the rules of a game in the middle of it. There is no question.

Axlerod Gunderson

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 4:04 pm

Following the rules as stated in the beginning is the only answer. 3round draft with the third pick being a player and stadium for both the semis and finals.

J-Pav

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 4:26 pm

Axelrod,

The rules on the discussion board in the forums were updated by MBW, but never updated on the tournament page. So the rules on the tournament page use last years rules.

Most managers do not involve themselves with the board discussions. If they read the rules on the tournament page, then to them, those are the rules. To the people who participated in the board discussion, those are the rules (more or less).

No one disagrees to follow the rules.

HOWEVER,

The actual rules are the rules which are on the tournament page. Do we follow that? Vote A.

The intent of the updated rules was to allow a semis draft. I believe some managers will agree with following the rules which were not updated. Vote B.

If you see the polls from the board discussions, no where was it voted on to have a draft where the “third round is a player and a ballpark.” I took the liberty of reflecting this to match the poll results we actually voted on. I believe MBW simply did not write the paragraph the way he intended.

If you disagree with all of this, withhold your vote, and add your thoughts.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 4:26 pm

where did 3 round draft come from? I am reading the rules under Playoffs and I see this.

"There will be an eight pick live draft for the Tour Championship, consisting of seven players and a ballpark, to be done on the forums. The draft will NOT be serpentine for the finals - i.e., the draft order will be repeated in each round. These "seeding" rules for the draft order provide an incentive and a reward for the managers who finish with the highest scores in Events 1-5"

J-Pav

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 4:31 pm

That is precisely what I am pointing out.

J-Pav

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 4:38 pm

There are the rules on the tournament page.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/tournament/41

There are the rules in the forum:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=649874

There are the results of the polling to change the rules:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=649096
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=649116

Note: the actual result of the vote for the Finals reflects an autodraft only, after a unique ballpark draft. This is also contradicted in the forum rules section rewritten by MBW.

Axlerod Gunderson

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 4:45 pm

There should be more reward for doing well in the tourney than determining which division your placed in. The rules are clearly stated in the post from the commish called ‘2021 player championship rules’ and has be viewed over 1100 times with no complaints. If you just made the semis you might not get the stadium you want. That seems fair
Next

Return to --- Player's Championship