2021 Tour Semis Draft - Rules Changes

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Palmtana

Re: 2021 Tour Semis Draft - IMMEDIATE ATTENTION PLEASE

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 12:43 pm

FWIW, I made the Commish aware of this thread also.

Mr Baseball World

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 12:52 pm

I’m obviously a dumbass. I will look at this when I get home.

Mr Baseball World

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 1:09 pm

My off the top of my head recollection is that my assessment was that people wanted the semifinals and finals to be the same and so decided the three rounds maybe best implemented what people wanted.

I think making stadiums be last round Mary have been poor writing by me

Again I will assess when I get home later this afternoon and appreciate all input and everyone’s patience and help in keeping us to this point in my abscence

J-Pav

Re: 2021 Tour Semis Draft - Rules Changes

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 1:16 pm

It appears the Commish has checked in.

FWIW, my concern isn’t that I didn’t/don’t agree with how the rules were entered in. I don’t, but I’ve been married for 30 years and I’m okay with not getting my way. My concern is that NO ONE agreed to how the rules were entered in, and I’m sure most of us (all of us) never went back to reread the rules changes until now. I did want to give some voice to that.

I am glad we can all be in agreement that we just follow what was written in at this point.

Nothing further from me.

SiblinRivals

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 6:51 pm

I’m up for whatever but I’ve seen several posts which seem to indicate rules as published should count… as such, they should count for all areas. I’ve seen a post in another area about a team which used a duplicate ballpark. This was not to be allowed. It shouldn’t matter whether this was the best season for that manager or the worst. If the rule was broken, whatever the determined consequences for such a violation are should come into play. Otherwise why have a rule?

MBW post at the start Seems to say that if the air was discovered prior to the start of the season, he could have it fixed by straddle. But if not, I thought they were pretty stiff consequences. Using improper Park does not simply affect that manager. You could certainly have played a role in the final record of every team that participated in that particular league

Gilbo

PostSat Nov 06, 2021 8:34 pm

That is how the discussion has gone...
"So, to be consistent in applying to rule, Terry should get a -20 on his PC 4 team, dropping that team to 63 wins. That won't change his score. This is what happened before, and therefore it should be the same here."

SiblinRivals

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 10:52 am

Gilbo wrote:That is how the discussion has gone...
"So, to be consistent in applying to rule, Terry should get a -20 on his PC 4 team, dropping that team to 63 wins. That won't change his score. This is what happened before, and therefore it should be the same here."

Gilbo, thanks. Can you point where this discussion is? I can’t find it.

I think some clarification in the rules would be in order. I read that as a 20 point penalty. It seems logical that the 20 point penalty would apply to the TOTAL score, not on the team that made the mistake...

The reason I say this is there a tiebreaker rules for things like finals one, finals made, and semi finals made. What would’ve happened if this particular team would’ve made a Finals or a semi finals or actually won? There is nothing in there about that not counting!

What seems intuitive is the team itself would be entirely thrown out, and therefore the 20 point penalty would apply to the overall score.

If this is not what folks want that’s fine, I would suggest clarification. As it is written, the violator could’ve won 95 games, won the title, been penalized 20 games, but still have the advantages for the tiebreaker for making the playoffs and winning. Because I can’t imagine that would’ve been allowed, and the entire season should’ve been a raced, it seems pretty apparent that the penalty should occur for the overall score.

Again I will say no problem the folks just wanted to occur for the violation season, but it is certainly not written that way and the examples I gave above, show how you can have a major problem

J-Pav

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 11:58 am

The discussion was in the PC Pennant Race thread.

J-Pav

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 12:03 pm

Even though I said I had nothing further earlier, there is this:

Strat did not copy the updated rules thread for the Rules on the tournament page.

So we have the Rules Thread currently misaligned with the Rules. This makes following “the rules as written” a bit murky. This is a big problem.

Anyone?

J-Pav

PostSun Nov 07, 2021 1:09 pm

Possible resolution:

Set up a time deadlined poll of the semi finalists. Say 5-7 days?

Something to the effect of:

A. Follow the tournament rules page (last years rules, no semis draft) or
B. Follow the tournament rules thread (and allow MBW to further clarify the picks, ballparks)

We can also just let MBW handle it however he sees fit.
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship