It will count

Mr Baseball World

Re: Event 3 Fillers can join

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 2:30 pm

I have requested Strat move it to the public leagues to get it filled

SiblinRivals

PostFri Aug 06, 2021 10:25 pm

SiblinRivals wrote:Mr. BWW, Just wondering what the current situation is. It's 5 days past the deadline and there is still a league out there with 6/12. Is this league active?

Asked this a few days ago. Not sure why we have deadlines if they don't mean anything. Would appreciate a response to a valid question.

Mr Baseball World

PostSun Aug 08, 2021 9:37 am

The deadline is and has always been when I have run this to be a time when if you enter before then you are definitely in. Once the seadline hits you run the risk of not getting in. Allowing the stragglers to still get in after that time is done to improve the speed of filling the last league. Also maybe encourages fillers to jump in to prevent the stragglers from getting in.

Obviously that isn’t working here but I can’t force anyone to enter.

SiblinRivals

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 11:40 am

Mr Baseball World wrote:The deadline is and has always been when I have run this to be a time when if you enter before then you are definitely in. Once the seadline hits you run the risk of not getting in. Allowing the stragglers to still get in after that time is done to improve the speed of filling the last league. Also maybe encourages fillers to jump in to prevent the stragglers from getting in.

Obviously that isn’t working here but I can’t force anyone to enter.

Appreciate the response. I get it. It does seem several who have done poorly have decided not to continue to enter and numbers are down. Maybe that happens all the time.

What I will say is it does play into outcome, making this late switch to a public league as opposed to using fillers... For example, for league 3 I signed up late (but before the deadline) as I wanted to get league 2 going before starting a new league. Because I was in one of the last leagues, I have fillers. Four really good fillers.

Four "fillers" happen to including you, TK, and two other people that were ranked on that summary done before the start of the Player's Championship as being in the top 10 for predicted finish. That is a whole lot different than someone who gets to play against random people with much less skill that are closing out a league. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that playing against highly experienced "legend" and "all-star" fillers is a bit tougher than playing against people with little or no experience. Just think the precedent of moving it to public instead of using fillers isn't a good one to set.

Palmtana

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 12:01 pm

SiblinRivals wrote:.....that summary done before the start of the Player's Championship as being in the top 10 for predicted finish.....

I don't play in the PC but I keep up on the Chat and haven't heard of this. Can you point me in it's direction? It sounds interesting.

cummings2

Re: Event 3 Fillers needed ASAP Now a public league

PostMon Aug 09, 2021 4:06 pm

If there are still spots open tomorrow around this time I will chip in with a filler.

All best of luck

C2

cummings2

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 2:01 pm

Joined, three spots left

C2

cummings2

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 4:42 pm

Only two spots left, looks like it's going to happen!

C2

bigjimed

PostTue Aug 10, 2021 8:24 pm

Can I take one of the last 2 spots? I'm in the PC already, but as a filler that doesn't cause any issues correct?
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship