2020 Tour Finals: Draft Order & Chat

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

J-Pav

Re: 2020 Tour Finals: Draft Order & Chat

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

We’ll have a separate draft thread after the semis conclude (we need to keep adding playoff points for the final draft order, although this doesn’t affect you).

Finals draft: unique stadiums, and no, you can’t use a previously selected ballpark. You can pick your stadium anywhere in the draft, but you must use one of your eight picks for a ballpark. All of this is in the rules thread if you want to look that over.

Nothing else you need to do for the draft. Last years tour threads are just a page or two down in The Players Championship section, if you want to see the ebb and flow of last year’s draft and chat.

J-Pav

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 9:12 pm

As a potential ray of sunshine, the problems we had with last years draft seemed isolated to a few managers who were A. relatively new to the game, B. new to the Tour Championship, and C. largely immune to the social pressure of everyone constantly waiting on them.

This group is a more experienced one, and I’m hoping pain and suffering will be lessened because of it.

Maybe.

hendrix08

PostMon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Ah, for some reason when I read the rules before I got the impression the ballpark requirement did not apply to the finals, but I see the statement now that indicates it does apply to the playoffs.

And yes as soon as I clinched the #1 seed I've already forgotten that we still need the playoffs to determine some of the other seedings.

Thanks for the clarifications!

stevep107

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 am

mcsoupy wrote:I was lucky as heck for sure and as for living right I would say I think that God was on my side, or at least helping to make up for that in the past year my mother was diagnosed with no Hodgkin s lymphoma, my wife had her 2nd bought with breast cancer and ended up with 4 surgeries this past year to get her to a cancer free state, and then I was declared legally blind in my left eye due to unknown reasons (the docs have run numerous tests but can’t identify why I lost eyesight in my left eye) ... so there is that kinda living...

Congrats to all who made the playoffs and to those that made the finals. Good luck to all of you in the finals and may we all end up at either 79-80 or 80-79 heading into the last night of games. Wouldn’t that be fun?

Very sorry to hear about your misfortune in the past 12 months, soup-meister.

It kind of puts everything into perspective.

Best wishes in the finals and I hope that 2021 is a better year for you and your family.

Cheers,
Steve

Radagast Brown

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 4:22 pm

J-Pav wrote:As a potential ray of sunshine, the problems we had with last years draft seemed isolated to a few managers who were A. relatively new to the game, B. new to the Tour Championship, and C. largely immune to the social pressure of everyone constantly waiting on them.

This group is a more experienced one, and I’m hoping pain and suffering will be lessened because of it.

Maybe.

I can pretty much promise you (Mystery Finals players will vouch for me) you won't be waiting for me to pick unless myself or someone in my family dies. I am good about checking in often for a live on the boards draft.

mcsoupy

PostTue Jan 12, 2021 4:59 pm

Stevie... appreciate the well wishes sir.

Radagast Brown

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 5:51 pm

J-Pav wrote:Here is the draft order as it currently stands, with playoff points still on the table. Plenty of movement to be had still, depending on the semis playoffs.

1. hendrix08 489 +4
2. bob711 479
3. mastermosser56 473
4. J-Pav 466 +2
5. mesquiton 465 +4
6. moodysix 467
7. stevep107 457 +4
8. Morpheus 453 +4
9. Jeepdriver 450 +3
10. teamnasty 452
11. Radagast Brown 444 +4
12. mcsoupy 442

I appreciate you updating the standings J-Pav.

It looks like most of us are locked into our present seedings?...
Will the live draft begin sometime mid next week?

** Sort of a silly question, I suppose. If two parties agreed to a trade involving draft picks, is that allowed?

Could I trade my first pick for a third and fourth, if someone else agreed to such a trade?

Radagast Brown

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Oops, I probably made a mistake because I guess several of you could improve your positions.

J-Pav

PostSat Jan 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Seven managers are locked in (I checked the tie breakers), but there’s still some room for movement among the other five. As always, please double-check me.

With regard to trading picks, I guess everyone can weigh in, to include Commish MBW. There’s nothing in the rules preventing it. Me personally, I’m not opposed, however, bogging down the draft with offers, counter offers, etc could potentially become a bit tedious in a place that is inherently and already overly tedious.

I don’t recall anyone doing this in the past, and I don’t know if anyone will agree to your swap, but it can’t hurt to ask. Although I believe it will need to work out in such a way that at the end of the live draft, we all have seven players and a ballpark.

bob711

PostSun Jan 17, 2021 9:17 am

Interesting question re trading draft picks. My own thought is that it should be allowed but you can't end up with more than 7 players and a ballpark at the end of the draft. So you could not trade a 1 for a 3 and a 4 but you could trade a 1 and a 7 for a 3 and a 4.
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship