Event 3 Open Deadline tonight

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Radagast Brown

Re: Event 3 Open

PostTue Jun 30, 2020 12:06 pm

Okay, this choice of DH or no DH is a very pleasant surprise. Thank you Mr. Baseball World.

I will try to find some fillers.
Last edited by Radagast Brown on Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 am

Mr. BW,

I greatly appreciate the work you do in keeping this league going and keeping a set of malcontent cats herded. However, in this particular case, I think your desire to cull leagues on Friday or Saturday is wrong.

Between my work, kids work, kids activities and other responsibilities, this coming week turns out to be the single 5 day stretch over the summer that I can take a vacation. I checked the tournament page and the start dates are listed as 7/6 or 7/13, so I think to myself, I should be fine. I build my team before I leave, load on Monday morning from my phone, and I am back on Wednesday, Thursday, or whenever the waivers are going to run. But now you are saying that you might trim back the leagues more than a week before the second start date. Its possible then that when I go to load, there is no longer a league with my settings even though I am loading well within the timeline.

I understand that you have lots of stragglers to deal with, but if you are going to post the dates on the tourney board (and yes, some of us do read that stuff), then its unfair to change things before timelines have expired. Otherwise, you are telling people that you may not be allowed to load the team that you think gives you the best chance.

Again, I do appreciate what you do, and don't envy your job. I just think you shouldn't limit people that are playing well within the guidelines because some other people were unable to follow those same guidelines.

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 10:34 am

Fair point. I will keep rolling out both til the deadline.

If I do this next year will rethink the wording or maybe do away with options. I am still trying to get fillers for Event 2. Hit the deadline a month ago with 5 or 6 in and still have 2 spots open. Really not excited about the prospect of up to 22 spots to fill but will figure it out. I am hoping work will not be as crazy as the last month which should give me more time to herd which may help.

RandyW64

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 11:23 am

Mr. BBW, you are doing a great job here. Let's double your salary!! :)
It sucks when real life gets in the way of strat time, huh?

Lindamei

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 12:00 pm

I agree with Randal64. Great job herding cats Mr. BBW.
Although it would be nice for league 10 of event 2 to be included in standings. We've played almost 1/3 of our season. Can you light a fire under the strat people?

XHowser Jr.

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 12:11 pm

I agree with everyone. Thanks so much for doing this Mr. BBW.

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 12:42 pm

I finally emailed them this morning so hopefully League 10 will be included today.

watershark1967

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 1:15 pm

I would also like to thank Mr. Baseball World for his efforts.

I was one of the slow pokes who signed up late for event 2, due to work and other factors. I was glad there was still a league open to join, but now I know how frustrating it is having to wait for a league to fill.

Can I enter a filler team in a league that I already have my regular team in?

RB44

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 9:51 am

Is a an event 3 league still open? I missed the message...if so I can have a non-filler in by this afternoon.

ScumbyJr

PostThu Jul 02, 2020 11:37 am

RB44 wrote:Is a an event 3 league still open? I missed the message...if so I can have a non-filler in by this afternoon.

There are both DH and Non-DH leagues open to join
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship