Note the Ballpark Rule

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

ScumbyJr

Note the Ballpark Rule

PostTue Jun 04, 2019 1:44 pm

Ballpark Requirement

A player must not re-use a ballpark. For example, if he used Fenway in Event I, he may not use Fenway in Events II-V, nor may he use Fenway in any playoff round.

There can be more than one player using the same ballpark in the same event and/or league. For example, player X and player Y may both use Fenway in Event I, League 1 (In theory, the same ballpark could be used by all 12 teams in any league or event). The prohibition relates to the same player using the same ballpark twice during the Tour Championship.

A player who is acting as a "filler" for any particular event and league may use whatever ballpark he wants to use. You cannot impose a “penalty” on a team that does not count in the official standings anyway.

If a player re-uses a ballpark in the qualifying events, there will be a 20 point penalty

ScumbyJr

Re: Note the Ballpark Rule

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 2:48 pm

I see 3 teams using the same BP in events 1 and 2.

RandyW64

PostTue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 am

Maybe they are fillers? Is there any way we can know what teams are filler teams? Some are obvious, others not so much.

ScumbyJr

PostTue Jun 11, 2019 10:01 am

randal64 wrote:Maybe they are fillers? Is there any way we can know what teams are filler teams? Some are obvious, others not so much.

They only have 1 team loaded per event.

Gilbo

PostSun Jun 23, 2019 11:59 pm

Mr Axlerod,
who appears to be in first place, if not a filler, unfortunately used Citizens Park in events 1 & 2. He is doing so well, he will probably be ok even the penalty.

ScumbyJr

PostMon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 pm

Gilbo wrote:Mr Axlerod,
who appears to be in first place, if not a filler, unfortunately used Citizens Park in events 1 & 2. He is doing so well, he will probably be ok even the penalty.

This is correct. According to my research
Looks like 3 players re-used BPs in event 2,
Axelrod Gunderson, DWG and laughren.frances
and no one to date has reused a BP in Event 3.

eadlew

PostThu Jun 27, 2019 3:51 pm

Note: I screwed up on the park in League 2. I got the league mixed up with another league I was entering at the same time. I had intended to use Citizens Bank in League 2, but did not notice my mistake until the last minute. I tried to get it changed, but it was too late. I contacted both Strat and the Commissioner, but got no reply. Therefore, I had decided to drop playing in the Player's Champ, but even with the screw up, I might have a chance. Therefore, upon second thought, I have entered League 3, albeit just. DWG

Palmtana

PostFri Jun 28, 2019 11:26 am

Gilbo wrote:Mr Axlerod,

Axelrod Gunderson PM'd me about his park snafu on 5/27. I passed the info on to Jeepdriver on 5/28.

Jeepdriver

PostMon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 am

I have sent another email to Strat to regulate the 20 Point penalty. Hopefully it will get done in the next day or two.

Edit: Looks like it has been taken care of.

There's one other thing to do, and that's to make sure Filler Teams aren't being counted in ALL the Events. I think there's still two or three being counted. But, I'll work on this.

Jeepdriver

PostMon Jul 08, 2019 9:21 am

Filler Teams point totals are all correct. Standings should be on point as of right now. Of course I'll have to do a couple of things in the near future. Retract Filler Team Points from Event 3, League 7 which begins tonight, make sure those point totals are being counted for non-filler teams in that league, and obviously when Event 4 begins we'll get those point totals added as soon as we can.
Next

Return to --- Player's Championship