Why are we not using the SUPER ADVANCED RULES ???????

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

pacoboy

Why are we not using the SUPER ADVANCED RULES ???????

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:23 am

I just had a SP* pitcher with a ZERO injury rating go down in the Semi-Finals for 15 games.

I sent a message to SOM and they quickly replied with this:

Hi Anthony,

This league is not using the Super-Advanced Injury System so individual pitcher injury ratings are not used. Instead the standard injury system is used. A pitcher can be injured in either of two ways:

- In a game where the DH is being used, if the pitcher in question is on the mound, and the opposing team's DH is at bat, if the 'dice roll' is 6-12, the pitcher may be injured.
- In a game where the DH is not being used, the pitcher may be injured if he rolls the injury roll on the pitcher's batting card when he is at the plate.

The limits for lengthy of injuries for pitchers using this injury system is below:

Real-life IP Max. length of injury
0-199 no limit (can be injured for the max 15 extra games)
200-299 3 extra games
300+ remainder of game

Sincerely,
Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365

Hopefully it won't cost me but still....

Jeepdriver

Re: Why are we not using the SUPER ADVANCED RULES ???????

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 10:57 am

Yep, Iwakuma had 199 IP last year, that's why he can go down for 15. On a sidenote, the * status isn't what gives a pitcher the max 3, it's the IP.

pacoboy

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 11:28 am

yes, but if you look at the Player Set Browser he has an injury rating of ZERO.

...and under the SUPER ADVANCE INJURY RULES (according to SOM) he wouldn't have gotten injured.

So I'm just wondering why - in a tournament like this - why we don't turn on the SUPER ADVANCED RULES ?

Injury notes

* - Pitcher injury ratings are only in effect for leagues that have Super-Advanced Injuries turned on.

When Super-Advanced Injuries are on for a league, each pitcher is assigned an individual injury rating, and both pitchers and hitters have separate injury result charts that are different from the standard injury rules. Visit this page for more information.

I find that very strange.

Mr Baseball World

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 12:25 pm

My understanding is that the Super Advanced Injuries are rarely used and are not popular since they permit injuries for up to 60 games. That is why I did not use the Super Advanced. Am I wrong on that? should this be changed at some point going forward? Thoughts?

Seems odd to me that he would be bullet proof in the Super Advanced and open to a max injury in the "regular" injury system.

pacoboy

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 1:16 pm

Super-Advanced Injury System

The Super-Advanced Injury System is an optional system that's currently available for the 2015 Season, 2016 Season, and 2017 Baseball Daily sets only.

For the 2015 and 2016 Season Sets: It must explicitly be turned on for a private league when it is created; otherwise the Standard Injury System is in effect.

For 2017 Baseball Daily: It is on for all leagues by default, but may be turned off for a given private league by its creator.
Contents[show]
Hitter injuries Edit

(Hitters get injured in a similar way as in the Standard Injury System, except for a completely different injury duration table, and slightly different injury duration limits.)

A hitter has a chance to be injured whenever he is at the plate, and the dice roll comes up with the specific roll on his card that contains "+ injury" (most hitter cards have one such roll, but some particularly durable ones do not). When this roll occurs, the length of the injury is determined by rolling a 20-sided die against the chart below. Note that players who had a relatively large amount of playing time during their corresponding real-life season have an upper limit on the length of a given injury (see "Injury duration limits" below).
d20 Result
1-4 Stays in game
5-6 Inj. for remainder of game
7-9 Inj. for 1 extra game
10-11 Inj. for 2 extra games
12-13 Inj. for 3 extra games
14 Inj. for 4 extra games
15 Inj. for 5 extra games
16 Inj. for 6 extra games
17 Inj. for 8 extra games
18 Inj. for 10 extra games
19 Inj. for 15 extra games
20 Inj. for 60 extra games
Pitcher injuries Edit

(Pitchers get injured in a much different way than in the Standard Injury System.)

A pitcher has a chance to be injured whenever he is on the mound, and, during any opposing hitter's at bat, the dice roll comes up with the specific roll that corresponds to his Individual Pitcher Injury Rating. This roll is determined by the following chart:
Injury Rating Possible injury on
0 Cannot get injured
1 6-12
2 6-11
3 6-10
4 6-9
5 6-8
6 6-7

Note that:

A possible injury occurs to the pitcher if the above roll is rolled for any batter he faces.
A pitcher cannot get injured while batting.

If a possible injury roll occurs, the length of the injury is determined by rolling a 20-sided die against the chart below. Note that pitchers who had a relatively large amount of playing time during their corresponding real-life season have an upper limit on the length of a given injury (see "Injury duration limits" below).
d20 Result
1-6 Stays in game
7 Inj. for 1 extra game
8 Inj. for 2 extra games
9 Inj. for 4 extra games
10 Inj. for 5 extra games
11 Inj. for 6 extra games
12 Inj. for 9 extra games
13 Inj. for 10 extra games
14 Inj. for 11 extra games
15 Inj. for 12 extra games
16-17 Inj. for 15 extra games
18 Inj. for 20 extra games
19 Inj. for 30 extra games
20 Inj. for 60 extra games
Injury duration limits Edit
Position players Edit
Real-life AB+BB Max. length of injury
0-299 no limit (can be injured for the max 60 extra games)
300-449 30 extra games
450-599 15 extra games
600-679 3 extra games
680+ remainder of game

For 2016 Baseball Daily leagues only, the following additional limit is in effect for all leagues that started regular season play on Monday, April 25, 2016 and later: The max length of a given injury to a batter is limited to 3 extra games if he has an injury frequency of 1 (i.e. the injury on his card occurs on a roll of 1-2, 1-12, 2-2, 2-12, 3-2, or 3-12).
Pitchers Edit

The limit to a pitcher's maximum injury length is based on whether he entered the game as the Starting Pitcher (in which case we look at his real-life Games Started) or as a Reliever (in which case we look at his real-life IP).
Real-life Games Started Max. length of injury (if the game's Starter)
0-19 no limit (can be injured for the max 60 extra games)
20-27 30 extra games
28+ 6 extra games
Real-life IP Max. length of injury (if in the game as Reliever)
0-39.2 no limit (can be injured for the max 60 extra games)
40-59.2 30 extra games
60+ 6 extra games

For 2016 Baseball Daily leagues only, the following additional limit is in effect for all leagues that started regular season play on Monday, April 25, 2016 and later: The max length of a given injury to a pitcher is limited to 6 extra games if he has a Individual Pitcher Injury Rating of 1.
Explanation of "Inj" number in player lists Edit

The number in the "Inj" column on lists of position players indicates each player's susceptibility to injury - specifically, the location of the injury chance roll on his card. It ranges from 0 (cannot be injured) to 6 (most susceptible).

Additionally, if the number is bold and green, the player cannot be injured for more than the remainder of a game (he had 680+ AB+BB in real life); if the number is italicized and green, the player cannot be injured for more than 3 additional games (he had 600-679 AB+BB in real life) (see "Injury duration limits" above).

0 - no injury chance
1 - injury chance on roll of 2 or 12
2 - injury chance on roll of 3 or 11
3 - injury chance on roll of 4 or 10
4 - injury chance on roll of 5 or 9
5 - injury chance on roll of 6 or 8
6 - injury chance on roll of 7

The number in the "Inj" column on lists of pitchers is simply each pitcher's Individual Pitcher Injury Rating.

pacoboy

PostWed Jul 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Now,

the 2 highest pitchers in the deck are Kershaw 149 IP with an inj of 3 and Hill with 110 IP and an inj of 4.

......the real question is was either the STANDARD or SUPER ADV systems used to get their relative prices or were injuries totally ignored here.

J.A. HAAP - 195 inning pitched with a injury rating of ZERO. under the standard he can go out for 20, under the SA he can't be injured. ..and he's 6.15 mil.

My pitcher was only 1.5 mil so not such a big deal.

I don't know the right answer, I don't play much regular SOM so I'm not used to SP* getting injured for more than 3 games.

Scary thing is in my NEW round 5 league I have BOTH Kershaw and Hill ! Now I'm terrified ! lol

cristano1

PostSat Nov 11, 2017 12:34 pm

I am confused. How do we know what rules we are using? Are they these rules (scroll down to max rules)?
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/help/hittercard

bbfan

PostSat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Stop: every year we have used standard rules,including this year - "The new optional injury system with pitchers also will not be used in any event this year."... and we played all 5 events with this rule. In the FUTURE if "we" want to reconsider change, so be it.

JT

Return to --- Player's Championship