A New Plan for Filling Leagues

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Jeepdriver

A New Plan for Filling Leagues

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 6:55 pm

Once again, nearly all the leagues are extremely slow in filling. Even being overbooked isn't working. We may have to open less leagues at the beginning so leagues don't get stuck needing 2 or 3 or 4 people left to fill. Late leagues aren't being managed as they should be. 9 fillers was needed for the late league in the previous event. It's just very frustrating all this waiting.
Last edited by Jeepdriver on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

ycbill

Re: Leagues Not Filling in a Timely Fashion

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 pm

How about a future rule having managers make a commitment to enter their team early (by Wednesday) or by Friday. It would be nice to be looking at my roster now....

madal

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 10:18 pm

I get what you're saying, but the rules say "by Wed July 19.....". To me that means by mid-night, but I can see where it could interpreted differently. And my assigned league is full, so need to get in another one. Which is my own fault.

Mr Baseball World

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 9:58 am

I will change things up a bit for the next event. On August 7, I will post a reminder that Event 5 is coming up. I will also get the assignments posted on Thursday August 10th.

I will also overbook a bit more. I will work that out once all the Event 4 leagues are started and know how many are still eligible(have missed one or no events).

sebastian

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 5:59 pm

For next seasons campaign and not sure if Strat will be willing to do this but create a separate team package for the tour, you have to buy the 5 credits up front designated just for the tour. Dont matter if you already have credits saved up but to be in the tour you have to buy the full compliment. It would keep the people who play a team or two and decide they wont be part of the 36 from dropping, they will play the full 5 as who wants to lose a credit? Just brainstorming for an answer

Hittmens

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:06 pm

sebastian wrote:For next seasons campaign and not sure if Strat will be willing to do this but create a separate team package for the tour, you have to buy the 5 credits up front designated just for the tour. Dont matter if you already have credits saved up but to be in the tour you have to buy the full compliment. It would keep the people who play a team or two and decide they wont be part of the 36 from dropping, they will play the full 5 as who wants to lose a credit? Just brainstorming for an answer

Love that suggestion. Also love it when you wait a week for one more player and then he finally joins. And waviers is the only day out of 7 that you won't be around. And you lost 3 of your top picks and because it is a 100m league Pickens is slim.

mesquiton

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:11 pm

If Strat did that, I would not only stop participating in the Tour, I'd never buy another credit, period.

sebastian

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 9:06 pm

it was only a suggestion mesquiton. If you dont agree with it fair enough. Simply trying to find something to help speed up filling the later leagues.

stevep107

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 4:06 am

This is getting ridiculous. Checking every day...still not filled.

Is there anything that can be done to fill the event 4 leagues so that we can get on with it...?

Jeepdriver

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 7:50 am

The Owners who have drafted have an advantage over the Owners not drafted yet. This waiting until Friday,,and still no obvious plan to fill the undrafted leagues, is ridiculous.
Next

Return to --- Player's Championship