• Author

Mr Baseball World

Re: When are the Undrafted Lgs Going to Draft? Is there a Pl

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 9:35 am

Opening up to fillers shortly.

Mr Baseball World

PostFri Jul 21, 2017 10:01 am

Plan for event 5 posted. I have pm'ed to all who posted here. Thank you for your input.

rickburr

PostSat Jul 22, 2017 1:18 am

My assigned league 5 filled quick before I could get in and Im in limbo. How about having like managers now join the still open league of there choosing or just create a new league for other managers just waiting to put there teams somewhere.

Mr Baseball World

PostSat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 am

Once leagues filled I posted in the league threads what league to join. Go ahead and join League 7 now

TIMOTHYFOSTER

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 12:34 am

rickburr wrote:My assigned league 5 filled quick before I could get in and Im in limbo. How about having like managers now join the still open league of there choosing or just create a new league for other managers just waiting to put there teams somewhere.

this - can't expect people who are thinking they are eliminated to continue to play if they don't want to and nobody seemed to complain when I did exactly what you proposed last time. Ill be honest, I'm a bit offended by someone calling themselves a jeep driver doing so much whining as is there any way you could change your name to something like... I don't know ... prius driver? moped? I know a little old lady who would be offended by the latter so maybe not.

The only thing ridiculous is expecting a third party to be able to control the actions of people they don't know and don't have any leverage to utilize while at the same time expecting that whining will solve anything.
Just an idea, but seems like a firm cut-off date may be helpful and having a list of fillers before the event even begins to plug into leagues with holes (not you jeep, I meant holes like missing participants) would also let the VOLUNTEER commissioner connect with those fillers and get leagues filled quickly after the cut-off date. It would be great if each round only had the one or two week spread among participants as I know some people will be done playing and have to wait 3-4 weeks to watch themselves slowly move down the rankings and out of "playoff" competition.

Ultimately, thanks again to Mr. Baseball and to those who have gone before in assuming the same role in dealing with the inconsistencies of players as well as the spoiled brats who are sure to show in any like event.

baseballmike

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 1:34 am

Is there a league open now?How about messages sent to teams during season about the new season starting with deadline. Didn't think season 4 was starting at end of season 2. Now season 5 in two weeks. I've played seasons 1-3.
Signed, Dazed and confused Baseballmike

Jeepdriver

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 8:10 am

No comment to Mr. Foster's remarks; I don't have to defend myself. 15 years of supporting the SOM community speaks for itself. He has no idea what is going on behind the scenes, nor what I do around here promoting leagues, etc. It was obvious a new game plan was needed filling the leagues, and we have that going forward. Hmm, I might have been contacted concerning the new plan.

ROBERTVOZZA

Re: A New Plan for Filling Leagues

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 10:27 am

The PriusDriver comment makes me think of Will Ferrill in "The Other Guys." Just trying to lighten it up. Its funny being one of the original members from 2002 and hearing comments from the newer guys. I couldn't stop laughing about the Prius Driver comment - Especially knowing Jeep so well for so long. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol:

ROBERTVOZZA

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 10:28 am

It makes me feel like an old curmudgeon. :lol:

ROBERTVOZZA

PostSun Jul 23, 2017 10:34 am

And this is no knock on Tim, who makes some decent points. ;)
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship