the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

J-Pav

PostThu Apr 23, 2015 2:54 pm

The final deadline for entering the 2015 Tour is in two weeks (May 8th). All managers are automatically enrolled in the May 18th start date. Please PM me only if you prefer to change to the May 25th start date. As of today no one has chosen the second option.

If you did not join the Tour for Event One, it is not to late to sign up, as long as you do so in the next two weeks. Let's try and use this thread here for new sign ups and any additional information regarding Event Two.

The 2015 Tour home page has been updated with the league links and current standings.

REMINDER: Event Two is a 12 team, $60 mil - No DH league. Please start thinking about putting your team together now and plan on entering your assigned league beginning on May 9th. If you do not get your team entered by the morning of May 14th, you risk being replaced and forfeiting points in Event Two.

PLEASE PLAN ACCORDINGLY.
Last edited by J-Pav on Mon May 11, 2015 4:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

KellysHeroes

Re: 2015 Tour Event Two

PostThu Apr 23, 2015 3:15 pm

I'm in for event two.

J-Pav

PostThu Apr 23, 2015 4:00 pm

Anybody who is already entered in Event One, incl the fillers, is automatically entered in Event Two. You can choose not to play in Event Two (please post here), but you do not have to check in if you already have an Event One team.

For any no-shows from the first event, if you reconsidered and now want to give the Tour another shot, please check in here and I'll add you to the official sign up sheet.

Thx!

J-Pav

PostFri Apr 24, 2015 11:13 am

I have my first request to start on May 25th. Just like last time, if your schedule is flexible, please let me know if you can start on either date. Although the start date is Memorial Day, most of the heavy lifting will be done the week prior. So again, if you can volunteer to wait until the second start date, I would be very appreciative. Finding 11 fillers is not something I would look forward to! :lol:

Please PM me at your convenience. Thx!

J-Pav

PostWed Apr 29, 2015 11:02 am

The league assignments for Event Two will be out in 10 days. Thank you to the managers who offered to wait for the second start date - we have ten now and all I need is two more volunteers.

Please remember: If you have an Event One team, you are now a full fledged tour participant, even if you began the tour as a "filler". However, as a tour participant, you will now be assigned a league for Event Two and must abide by the rules for getting your team into the appropriate league by the stated dates. That is, Event One fillers are NOT Event Two fillers. You no longer have the flexibility to pick an unfilled league.

Event Two will be stocked with a new batch of fillers. If you haven't joined the tour but are still considering joining us, please let me know. There will likely be some attrition from the first event, and I will get any new players signed up before the fillers begin joining. If we have to build out an extra league, then we will build out an extra league.

Event Two is a 12 team, $60 mil - No DH league. Please begin getting your teams together now and plan on joining your assigned leagues as soon as Saturday, May 9th.

Thx all! :D

Rosie2167

PostWed Apr 29, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi J-Pav,

Thanks for including me as a filler for Event 1. I'm not planning on playing in the rest of the event.

Cheers
Rosie2167

J-Pav

PostWed Apr 29, 2015 1:18 pm

Roger that, thank you for helping us out in the first event -

J-Pav

PostThu Apr 30, 2015 12:14 pm

We have 12 now for the Memorial Day league start. Several managers remain flexible and can go back to the first start date if I get additional requests. However, as of this morning we do not need additional volunteers for May 25th. Thx! And start getting those $60 mil - No DH teams together now...just over a week until we begin Event Two...

J-Pav

Re: 2015 Tour Event Two Closes in One Week

PostFri May 01, 2015 10:55 am

Managers,

Your last chance to join The 2015 Tour Championship ends a week from today. If you join by Friday, you are eligible to accumulate points in four required events and possibly make the semi-finals points cut-off (top 36 managers). See the relevant posts in the Players Championship forum for further details.

If you are one of the 108 managers who played in Event One, watch for the Event Two League Assignment post late Friday May 8 or early Saturday May 9. Please have your teams ready to go and be prepared to promptly join your assigned league.

Managers assigned to the second start date (May 25th) will get their password after May 15.

I welcome any manager not already participating in the tour who wants to throw in their name to be a very short notice league filler. May 14 and May 15 will be the two days when I need to quickly fill leagues. In Event One I used around eight of twelve available filler managers. I hope to not need so many for Event Two, but you never know. If you're interested, please sign the updated filler list in the Players Championship forum.

Event Two activity begins one week from today...

Return to --- Player's Championship