Need fillers for Event 2 League 5 please!!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

gbrookes

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 4:49 pm

24 team league, $60 million cap, unleashed, no DH, 10% drop penalty.

Password is PC2014

Thanks!

Geoff

Al Hogg

Re: Need fillers for Event 2 League 5 please!!

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 8:57 pm

Al Hogg wrote:How about making one event a 24-team event? Probably you'd want to do that in conjunction with the $60 million limit.

I think I was the one who first threw out the suggestion for a 24-team event when you were first seeking suggestions for the Players Championship, so I feel kind of responsible for the situation you and Dr_Marc are now in, where you need 22 fillers. I didn't foresee that predicament. (I personally feel I am at my limit managing competitive teams, so I won't be joining.)

You both beat the deadline, so you definitely should be allowed the fifth team with points counting toward the championship. Maybe you two could each enter two teams in either Event 3 or Event 4 instead? (Dr_Marc is already in the Event 3 League 8 that's now trying to fill before the Sept. 10 deadline, so he might have to go with two Event 4 teams.) If you go this route, I think you should only be eligible for half the playoff bonus with your second team in an event, though, as it's twice as hard to make the playoffs in a 24-team league as a 12-team league.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, and Event 2 League 5 will fill up quickly now that you've opened it up for fillers. I hope I am.

gbrookes

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 9:55 pm

Al Hogg wrote:
Al Hogg wrote:How about making one event a 24-team event? Probably you'd want to do that in conjunction with the $60 million limit.

I think I was the one who first threw out the suggestion for a 24-team event when you were first seeking suggestions for the Players Championship, so I feel kind of responsible for the situation you and Dr_Marc are now in, where you need 22 fillers. I didn't foresee that predicament. (I personally feel I am at my limit managing competitive teams, so I won't be joining.)

You both beat the deadline, so you definitely should be allowed the fifth team with points counting toward the championship. Maybe you two could each enter two teams in either Event 3 or Event 4 instead? (Dr_Marc is already in the Event 3 League 8 that's now trying to fill before the Sept. 10 deadline, so he might have to go with two Event 4 teams.) If you go this route, I think you should only be eligible for half the playoff bonus with your second team in an event, though, as it's twice as hard to make the playoffs in a 24-team league as a 12-team league.

Maybe I'm wrong, though, and Event 2 League 5 will fill up quickly now that you've opened it up for fillers. I hope I am.

Thanks for your kind thoughts Al.

I've had a few people say how much they like 24 team leagues, so actually I'm a little surprised at how hard it is to fill this. After all, it is, at the end of the day, another league for people to join and have fun in. I'm going to keep trying for a while. I'm back from holidays now, so I'll try to "market" this league a little. Hopefully we can fill it.

Thanks again,
Geoff

blue turtle

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Would it be wrong for a player to enter as a filler after their official Event 2 team completed?

I think one issue is that many of the fans of the 24-team format also entered the tournament in general, so finding fillers from the casual player population might be difficult.

Just a thought. I enjoy the 24 team format a great deal, especially for salary caps less than $80M. If it is a bad idea, no worries on my end, just thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.

gbrookes

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 6:57 pm

blue turtle wrote:Would it be wrong for a player to enter as a filler after their official Event 2 team completed?

I think one issue is that many of the fans of the 24-team format also entered the tournament in general, so finding fillers from the casual player population might be difficult.

Just a thought. I enjoy the 24 team format a great deal, especially for salary caps less than $80M. If it is a bad idea, no worries on my end, just thought I'd throw it out there for consideration.

Q - "Would it be wrong for a player to enter as a filler after their official Event 2 team completed?"

A - I don't see any tournament issues for being a filler in Event 2 League 5, just because you've actually completed your own event 2 team.

If you can join, thanks so much!!!!

blue turtle

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 12:15 pm

Ok, thanks for the reply. Will get something lined up by this weekend. If it somehow fills before I do, problem solved.

Al Hogg

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 12:31 am

Al Hogg wrote:If you go this route, I think you should only be eligible for half the playoff bonus with your second team in an event, though, as it's twice as hard to make the playoffs in a 24-team league as a 12-team league.

I just realized the rules have changed since the last time I played in a 24-team league and eight teams now make the playoffs.

gbrookes

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Al Hogg wrote:
Al Hogg wrote:If you go this route, I think you should only be eligible for half the playoff bonus with your second team in an event, though, as it's twice as hard to make the playoffs in a 24-team league as a 12-team league.

I just realized the rules have changed since the last time I played in a 24-team league and eight teams now make the playoffs.

Yes. In fact, the overall playoff bonus credits (7 free teams) are slightly higher (pro-rata) than for the 12 team leagues (3 free teams). So, there's lots of fun and credit to go around, even for a filler team!

gbrookes

PostSun Sep 21, 2014 4:23 pm

bump

blue turtle

PostWed Sep 24, 2014 3:15 pm

Do you have to keep the league "private" on the Leagues Forming list? Maybe it would entice some participation (although I did solicit for players in 24-team leagues I play in and apparently got no players).

I don't know that it will make a difference, but for the tournament, I would never scroll down to that part of the page.
Next

Return to --- Player's Championship