Minor Clarifications

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

J-Pav

Minor Clarifications

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 12:15 am

The Champs in the tournament appear to be getting nine points instead of the indicated eight in the rules. Are we going with the nine?

Do we know what the playoff scoring for the Event Two 24-team leagues will be? Will it be 8, 9, 12 or something else?

ScumbyJr

Re: Minor Clarifications

PostThu Aug 21, 2014 10:33 am

J-Pav wrote:The Champs in the tournament appear to be getting nine points instead of the indicated eight in the rules. Are we going with the nine?

Do we know what the playoff scoring for the Event Two 24-team leagues will be? Will it be 8, 9, 12 or something else?

It's giving 3 points for making the final instead of the stated 2. Is the 2 a typo?

J-Pav

PostMon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 pm

Bump to the Commish....

gbrookes

PostTue Aug 26, 2014 4:28 pm

J-Pav wrote:The Champs in the tournament appear to be getting nine points instead of the indicated eight in the rules. Are we going with the nine?

Thanks guys.

The "2" points for making the finals is not a typo - it is a 2 point bonus.

The standings page will be updated to correct this, and to remove fillers.

Re Event 2 being a 24 team league event - in all honesty, I didn't really think that through carefully enough, relating to the bonus points. Having said that, I think the bonus points should be applied literally - i.e. 3 points for making the playoffs, 2 points for advancing to the final, and 3 points for winning the final. I realize some tweak for a 24 team league might have been a good idea, but I don't think it's right to change the rules "on the fly", we we'll just apply the bonus points in the same way - literally the same way.

Thanks again guys,

Geoff

blue turtle

PostWed Aug 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Although I scrubbed event 1 and am in the playoffs for event 2, for what it is worth, I think keeping the pre-tournament point scheme is the way to go.

Of course, my main purpose for this post is to appease the Strat gods so my team will be blessed with good rolls and brilliant strategy implement by the Great HAL.

ScumbyJr

PostThu Aug 28, 2014 2:26 pm

Looks like the standings are now accurate

gbrookes

PostFri Aug 29, 2014 1:05 pm

blue turtle wrote:Although I scrubbed event 1 and am in the playoffs for event 2, for what it is worth, I think keeping the pre-tournament point scheme is the way to go.

Of course, my main purpose for this post is to appease the Strat gods so my team will be blessed with good rolls and brilliant strategy implement by the Great HAL.

lol!

Seems to work that way. ;)

Return to --- Player's Championship