Event 3, League 8: At Long Last Filled!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

Al Hogg

Re: Event 3 League 8 Created - Only Five Spots Left

PostMon Sep 01, 2014 5:50 pm

I just sent the following PM to those who I had identified as entering both Event 1 and Event 2 but not yet Event 3:

Please excuse the PM if you are no longer participating in the Players Championship. I just wanted to proactively let you know there are five spots left in Event 3, League 8 and it looks like there are six people who participated in both Event 1 and Event 2 who have not yet entered a team in Event 3 and it looks like you are one of them. (There are others who entered Event 1 or Event 2 but not both, who might also still enter this league.)

The deadline is Sept. 10, but if you don't get in League 8, you might be waiting around to compete in a league with a lot of "fillers."

The link to the league is:

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/league/424600

It's an $80 million league using the regular set (no "unleashed" players) with no DH.

I did not bother I.strether since I know that he knows and is just anxiously waiting for Gbrookes to update the rules to confirm that Event 5 leagues will start with a two round serpentine draft (1 player and 1 unique ballpark).

l.strether

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Al Hogg wrote:I did not bother I.strether since I know that he knows and is just anxiously waiting for Gbrookes to update the rules to confirm that Event 5 leagues will start with a two round serpentine draft (1 player and 1 unique ballpark).

No anxiety here, Hogg; there never was. It's been over a month now. So, I'm not expecting him to implement the ruling, and I'm moving on.

See you in next year's tournament.

teamnasty

PostTue Sep 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Only need 4 more now!

Al Hogg

Re: Event 3 League 8 Created - Three Quarters Filled!

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 12:41 am

If i.strether is not joining, we're waiting for:

Edthrelkeld
Phenomenal
vrabek22

...or one of the people who entered Event 1 or Event 2 but not both.

Otherwise we'll be waiting until the deadline passes on Sept. 10 and we can get fillers to complete the league.

teamnasty

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 1:50 am

Only need z3 now!

teamnasty

PostWed Sep 03, 2014 1:51 am

Only need 3!

Phenomenal

PostSat Sep 06, 2014 2:22 am

I am putting together my team right now... will be in by tomorrow night

Phenomenal

Scottydog

PostSat Sep 06, 2014 11:10 am

Al Hogg wrote:League 7 filled, so based on this post from mesquiton I went ahead and created Event 3 League 8:

mesquiton wrote:The commish has been too busy and requested help setting up Event 3 leagues, so if you have a team ready, you can start League 7 yourself (make it "advanced", same parameters as League 6 above)...if it doesn't fill eventually, fillers will no doubt be called on to finish it in September!

Here is the URL:

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/league/424600

Password is PC2014.

what is the cost to join one of these leagues/

thanks

Bob

Al Hogg

Event 3 League 8 Created - Only Two Openings Left!

PostSat Sep 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Scottydog wrote:what is the cost to join one of these leagues/

thanks

Bob

Scottydog/Bob -

The cost to join is just a regular Strat-o-Matic credit.

That said, this is the third of five events in the Players Championship and you need scores from four of the five events to qualify for the semi-finals. So if you did not have a team in Event 1 or Event 2, you won't be able to qualify for the semi-finals.

There are two people - Edthrelkeld and vrabek22 - who entered both Event 1 and Event 2 who have not yet entered Event 3. (Actually there is a third person as well - I.strether - but he has announced he won't be entering Event 3.) There are others who entered Event 1 or Event 2 but not both who might also join this league. The official deadline to enter Event 3 is Sept. 10. (See http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/to ... #left_info.) If there are still empty spots as of Sept. 11, I think Gbrookes, the Players Championship commissioner, would welcome any and all fillers.

Al Hogg

Re: Event 3 League 8 Created - Only One Spot Left!

PostMon Sep 08, 2014 7:54 pm

Maverick38, who missed Event 1 but is in Event 2 League 4, has taken the 11th spot.

So we now just have one spot left.

I sent a PM to Edthrelkeld and vrabek22 on Saturday to let them know there were only two spots left, but it does not look like either has read the message. If anyone in this league is in a league with one of them, you might try that league's message board to let this know their time to sign up for Event 3 is running out.
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship