Finals - live draft discussion

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

gbrookes

Re: Live draft for finals - status update

PostFri Mar 07, 2014 10:15 pm

TomSiebert wrote:I don't want to jinx myself, because I've not clinched, but put me in the SHORT LIVE DRAFT -- four players and a park? -- camp. For the following reasons:

1- For the finals, it rewards the guy who had the best point total during the season (that's not me by a long shot, btw).
2- I'd rather be able to pick a few guys I KNOW I'd like to have than rely on the Autodraft, where I might not get anybody.
3- Shouldn't the Finals be a bit special, a bit different than what's come before?

tws

"This"./commish

BTW, I'm out! Congrats to TomSiebert, who won the division I was in, and Terry101, who had the best record in the league! Way to go guys! Other playoff spots up for grabs going into the last night.

karphenry

Re: Live draft for finals - status update

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 12:18 am

I would also vote for a 4-5 round draft done on this message board with the remainder autodraft.

Muster up the final 12 and let's get started tonight:) (actually there is no real reason to wait until the playoffs end, because seeding is determined by regular season)

Thanks to GBrookes for running a great tournament!

gbrookes

Finals seeding - question for the finalists

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 7:35 am

Here is the seeding for the finals (!):

1. qksilver69 424
2. J-Pav 406
3. Knerrpool 404
4. karphenry 397
5. DERRICKSANSON 395
6. ROGGIE 393
7. Terry101 392
8. Stoney18 391
9. Spider 67 387
10. mesquiton 379
11. teamnasty 376
12. TomSiebert 375

As commissioner, I am setting the following live drafts to take place on threads on this forum:

-round 1 - live draft of ballpark, no duplicates within the finals, and no duplicates for players with their parks from events 1-5 or the semifinals;
-rounds 2-5 - live draft of top 4 player picks for each team, 48 players drafted in this way.

This will be followed by the auto draft. We will list the drafted 4 players in spots 1-4, and our remaining auto draft picks in spots 5-25.

Question for the finalists:

Do you want to:

(A) wait till your semi-final playoffs are resolved, or

(B) do you want to start the limited live draft on the boards as soon as we can, before your semifinal playoffs are done?

Please let me know by response to this post.

karphenry

Re: Finals - live draft discussion

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 8:51 am

I vote to start right away. Let's get the party started!

DERRICKSANSON

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 11:10 am

Lets play the Feud. Start now

J-Pav

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 11:39 am

Ready to go.

TomSiebert

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Guys, I am at SXSW working and really absolutely slammed here. I can make the picks, but there could be delays until the end of the day(s), through Tuesday night. Please permit me your patience.

Didn't expect to be slotted in the 12th slot. That'd be great if this were serpentine. Not so great when it's not.

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND: putting your auto draft guys first, THEN the live draft guys. Not saying anybody would cheat and put their ideal auto draft guys first anyway, to get who they want, but it only takes a moment of bad karma. Hey, could even be me. Bwah. Ha. Ha.

tws

gbrookes

PostSat Mar 08, 2014 3:54 pm

TomSiebert wrote:Guys, I am at SXSW working and really absolutely slammed here. I can make the picks, but there could be delays until the end of the day(s), through Tuesday night. Please permit me your patience.

Didn't expect to be slotted in the 12th slot. That'd be great if this were serpentine. Not so great when it's not.

I WOULD ALSO RECOMMEND: putting your auto draft guys first, THEN the live draft guys. Not saying anybody would cheat and put their ideal auto draft guys first anyway, to get who they want, but it only takes a moment of bad karma. Hey, could even be me. Bwah. Ha. Ha.

tws

We're going to be really patient with the picks being made. No pressure from me.
Previous

Return to --- Player's Championship