Do any players in top 40 have trouble with passwords?

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

gbrookes

PostSun Feb 17, 2013 12:00 pm

If so please let me know.

I think I'll set up a dummy (fake, unofficial) "League" with password protection so that people can try it out.

I know there were a couple of people that had said they were having trouble with this for strat online. if so, please identify yourselves to me so that we can try to work out the technological glitches in advance.

I would prefer to use password protection for the finals, to avoid unintended guests!

GBrookes

mesquiton

Re: Do any players in top 40 have trouble with passwords?

PostSun Feb 17, 2013 9:37 pm

Geoff,

FWIW, the Barnstormers had about twice as many tourney participants as the PC tournament this year, and ALL leagues were password-protected. Nobody got left out due to technical problems logging into protected leagues.

A few managers initially had issues, but they were fixed, I believe in all cases, simply by changing browsers. I think older versions of Explorer are especially problematic. Anybody still having problems with passwords might also have a few other glitches due to their browser (e.g., with game replays), and most likely can fix it all just by changing browsers.

Otherwise, an email to SOM support should quickly do the trick, as they are already familiar with the issue.

gbrookes

PostMon Feb 18, 2013 1:02 am

^^ Thanks mesquiton.

I've set up a test password league - don't leave your team in it!! Just try it out to make sure you can use the password entry, and then exit again.

See mesquiton's note above re updating your internet browser if you need to.

Please use this test league just to make sure that you can actually get into a password protected league. Once you're in, just leave the league again.

The name of the league is Players Champ Password Test Mock League. The password is "Test".

Please note that it is set up as $60 million,no DH, and 24 team league. However, this is not the finals league.

Thanks,

Geoff/commish

michaelrobb11

PostSun Mar 03, 2013 2:29 pm

i tried to log into the mock league and found that the password is case sensitive ....so for those who are CAPS handicapped like me don't forget to type" Test "

mighty moose

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 12:02 am

Yeah like mesquiton said, it's a fairly common issue, see it all the time. I tell people to change browsers and it fixes it every time. ;)

durantjerry

PostMon Jun 03, 2013 8:14 am

There was a browser issue with the passwords. Not sure what it is and I forget the solution I was given months ago.

gbrookes

PostTue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm

durantjerry wrote:There was a browser issue with the passwords. Not sure what it is and I forget the solution I was given months ago.

I'll set up another test league for people to check this.

durantjerry

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 9:05 am

I just went back and found the answers to this problem
1)Upgrade the browser
2)Click on the "broken page" icon or "Compatability View". This is right next to the refresh icon on my PC. I just used this suggestion successfully to join I league I could not previously enter.

Return to --- Player's Championship