Please get your event 3 teams in! DECEMBER 14 DEADLINE!

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

gbrookes

Please get your event 3 teams in! DECEMBER 14 DEADLINE!

PostTue Nov 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Please get your event 3 teams in!!!

I have set up 2 new Event 3 leagues, league 3 and league 4.

League 3 is password protected, "BigmarketPC3" .

League 4 has no password protection. Some players had said that they had technological issues with entering a password -protected league.

You may choose to enter either league, but please get your event 3 teams in!!

Event 3 info:

REMEMBER - DO NOT USE A BALLPARK THAT YOU USED IN A PREVIOUS EVENT!!! THERE IS A PENALTY FOR USING THE SAME BALLPARK IN MORE THAN ONE EVENT - THIS WILL COST YOU POINTS/WINS. DON'T DO IT!!!

The league settings for Event 3 are UNLEASHED 2011 set, $100 million cap, DH, 20% drop penalty, advanced.

This is the "big market" event in this years PC tournament!

DEADLINE - We are also going to impose a DEADLINE for this event, as a few participants have recently suggested. The deadline for teams being entered is 10 PM ET FRIDAY December 14. However, as commisioner, I reserve a right to use discretion if (in my opinion) best efforts are being made to enter the teams and fill the leagues by this date - e.g. if a team is entered by the deadline but the league needs a few filler entries.

Please note that Event 4 will also be starting in December, so I strongly recommend that you get your Event 3 teams in early to avoid a log jam in December.

I know some of you are keen to start this event! Let the big market battles begin!!!!

Geoff Brookes, commissioner
Last edited by gbrookes on Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrHacktastic

Re: Please get your event 3 teams in!!!

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 6:20 pm

I have a finals game 7 tonight so I know I will be winning a credit win or lose tonight. I will use that credit as soon as I see it to enter my Event 3 team. Sorry I'm behind, just broke as I am starting to get those east coast oil bills for the winter.

gbrookes

PostWed Nov 28, 2012 8:34 pm

MrHacktastic wrote:I have a finals game 7 tonight so I know I will be winning a credit win or lose tonight. I will use that credit as soon as I see it to enter my Event 3 team. Sorry I'm behind, just broke as I am starting to get those east coast oil bills for the winter.

Sounds good Mr. Hacktastic! (except for being broke and for winter oil bills).

MrHacktastic

PostThu Nov 29, 2012 10:24 am

I joined today. I now hate Hanley Ramirez. Grounded into a home and first double play with the bases loaded and nobody out in the top of the 8th in game 7 of my finals last night while down 1-0 which ended up being the final score. Just needed to vent that somewhere.

What pisses me off is I have him set to not face RHP and Rollins waiting there on the bench for this exact spot. The role was a 3-9 which would have been either a triple or a two run single for Rollins. It was my opponents closer so I know he wouldn't have switched pitchers if HAL pinch hit like he was supposed to.

gbrookes

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 12:43 pm

MrHacktastic wrote:I joined today. I now hate Hanley Ramirez. Grounded into a home and first double play with the bases loaded and nobody out in the top of the 8th in game 7 of my finals last night while down 1-0 which ended up being the final score. Just needed to vent that somewhere.

What pisses me off is I have him set to not face RHP and Rollins waiting there on the bench for this exact spot. The role was a 3-9 which would have been either a triple or a two run single for Rollins. It was my opponents closer so I know he wouldn't have switched pitchers if HAL pinch hit like he was supposed to.

Good stuff that you're in!

Yeah, on the off-topic comments - very interesting, and very disappointing for yourself. I am also having trouble understanding HAL's computer logic for pinch hitting (or even his "tendencies" - an odd but seemingly appropriate word for this computer). Sometimes I find he pinch hits when I expect him too, and sometimes I have been frustrated like you are, wondering why he let "batter X" hit when he is marked to avoid XHP pitchers, and has a high balance rating the other way.

I saw a really good debate on the discussion boards on this about a month ago (I think it was on the 200X board). The conclusion that people came to was essentially the same issue as what you are talking about, but that NORMALLY HAL will pinch it in the 8th or 9th inning when it makes sense to do so - the key word being "normally", not always. I think people feel that this experience is nevertheless consistent with what HAL was doing on the old TSN site - unpredictable, but the same as before. The consensus view was that a platoon is still cost-effective, despite this concern. However, despite being a previous believer in platoons, I have begun to have my doubts lately. The consensus view was, I think, that even if the platoon doesn't work perfectly, it still gets you a high number and % of the right matchups - maybe just not as high a % as we would like as managers. I understand your frustration, though.

gbrookes

PostTue Dec 04, 2012 3:50 pm

DEADLINE REMINDER!

From my original post on this thread, above:

"DEADLINE - We are also going to impose a DEADLINE for this event, as a few participants have recently suggested. The deadline for teams being entered is 10 PM ET FRIDAY December 14. However, as commisioner, I reserve a right to use discretion if (in my opinion) best efforts are being made to enter the teams and fill the leagues by this date - e.g. if a team is entered by the deadline but the league needs a few filler entries.

Please note that Event 4 will also be starting in December, so I strongly recommend that you get your Event 3 teams in early to avoid a log jam in December."

gbrookes

Re: Please get your event 3 teams in! DECEMBER 14 DEADLINE!

PostThu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm

According to my records, the following players have not yet entered their team for event 3:

The Mahoots
control freq
rburgh
tony best
jwad75
Phila01
Altec1969
John Unrein

There is still a league 8 open for event 3, for a short while.
Get your teams in please!!!!!!!!!!!

GBrookes

gbrookes

Re: Please get your event 3 teams in! DECEMBER 14 DEADLINE!

PostFri Dec 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Bump!!!

See above post please!!!

Return to --- Player's Championship