Event 1 League 1 chat

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

gbrookes

Event 1 League 1 chat

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 10:50 pm

This thread is for chat, and standings and information from event 1 league 1 of the 2012 sweepstakes.

Enjoy, and good luck!!

Jake Squid

Re: Event 1 League 1 chat

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 11:01 am

I'm pretty sure that my team (Mesozoic Era Early Mammals) is unspeakably terrible. But I've been awful at the 2011 set, so I probably shouldn't take my word for it.

Good luck everyone

gbrookes

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 12:15 pm

Jake Squid wrote:I'm pretty sure that my team (Mesozoic Era Early Mammals) is unspeakably terrible. But I've been awful at the 2011 set, so I probably shouldn't take my word for it.

Good luck everyone

Good luck to you as well, Jake Squid, and to everyone!

I agree about the 2011 set - I am also still trying to figure out what I am doing right, and what I am just clueless about.

We are in the same division, so maybe we can figure out the 2011 set together!

Jake Squid

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 5:29 pm

This is my 5th or 6th 2011 team. I've got a couple of 95+ win teams going the pitching route. Other than those 2, I have the 2 worst teams I've ever had in this card set. If I go for hitting, which is what wound up happening for this league, my hitters don't hit and my pitching is even worse than expected. I don't have a clue to what I'm not getting. My card analysis has been effective for every other card set that I've played with. 2011 is killing me :evil:

gbrookes

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 10:46 am

Summary of participants and ballparks for event 1 league 1:

GBrookes - Kauffman
michaelrobb11 - Petco
Jake Squid - Angels Stadium
sousa - Target
elpasopesos - Miller
WJS6768 - Progressive
the splinter - Wrigley
jc88alsco - Wrigley
barnicle - US Cellular
GARYCOOK - Fenway
tsylvester - Fenway
maverick38 - Turner

http://onlinegames.strat-o-matic.com/league/223564

GARYCOOK

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 7:36 pm

Question ? Do we stay in the same group of players through each event, or are the teams mixed with the other leagues ?

gbrookes

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 2:30 pm

GARYCOOK wrote:Question ? Do we stay in the same group of players through each event, or are the teams mixed with the other leagues ?

There is only 1 team entry per player per event. For events 2 through 4, you could end up in the same league as a player in your event 1 league, but you don't "stay" with the same players for subsequent events. Basically, the signing up for each event is up to each player. I won't be controlling which league players sign up for within each event, and so the players that you end up with for events 2 through 4 will be mostly random. I will only intervene as commissioner in extreme situations (unlikely). So you are likely to have mostly different players in your own league for each event.

I encourage players to get their teams in for each event as soon as they can. There tends to be some drop off in players from event 1 to event 2, and with each subsequent event, as some players choose to withdraw. As a result, the later leagues (e.g. 6,7, or 8) tend to fill up more slowly than they do in event 1, and there is a need for volunteers to be "fillers" to fill up those leagues that are the later ones in each event. Since this can be a challenge, and can delay the tournament progress, I encourage all players to get their teams in as soon as possible within each event.

Thanks, and good luck!

Return to --- Player's Championship