PC Chat, Questions.....

the official tournament of SOM Baseball 20xx

Moderators: Palmtana, mighty moose

• Author

XHowser Jr.

Re: 2022 PC Chat, Questions.....

PostMon Nov 07, 2022 11:05 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Thank you to the Owners who care and have been ready for their picks. I tell you, all the skips today has been a surprise to me. Very frustrating.

You are doing a great job of keeping this going and running smoothly JD!!

Axlerod Gunderson

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 12:01 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Just want everyone to know I am aware of the issue regarding points of the Filler teams specifically from Event 5 League 6. Hopefully Strat will get this fixed soon.

Maybe next time make the time limit 1 hour and disallow making up the picks..

Jeepdriver

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 12:46 pm

Your statement seems to be related to this draft, but you brought up a quote that doesn't fit.?

Axlerod Gunderson

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 1:00 pm

I quoted the wrong post…my bad.

Palmtana

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 1:34 pm

Axlerod Gunderson wrote: Maybe next time make the time limit 1 hour and disallow making up the picks..

A round/day is typical for an online draft. All 3 leagues are well over that pace. Relax.

Axlerod Gunderson

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 2:10 pm

Palmtana wrote:
Axlerod Gunderson wrote: Maybe next time make the time limit 1 hour and disallow making up the picks..

A round/day is typical for an online draft. All 3 leagues are well over that pace. Relax.

It’s true that drafts on the message boards are notoriously slow. Last year it took almost 2 weeks to make 36 picks. Miserable. This year it’s faster with the 2 hour time limit and with good communication from Jeep Driver but 12 picks a day sucks. Live drafts with strict draft times cover 300 picks in hours and have 100% participation. It stands to reason that decreasing clock times improves the experience.

Jeepdriver

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 12:08 am

Links to the Semi-Final Leagues are posted in a separate Thread.

DaHummer

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 12:32 pm

I don't know how many of you guys are retired - seems like a lot of older fellas play Strat these days. I am 39, work 50 hours a week and generally don't have access to Strat during that time, coach baseball, play baseball, and have a family with four children.

I am so terribly sorry that I slowed the draft down a few hours by missing 2 of my picks - but that is the pace of my life right now. I am sure I am not the only one who is busy. 2 hours is a reasonable time limit. Making up picks after the fact seems reasonable to me. 3 days for a draft isn't a big deal.

If you shift the time to 1 hour instead of 2 please at least allow draft picks to be made up - even still shifting to 1 hour might save you a few hours on the total draft - I doubt we'd have drafted any sooner.

Best of luck in the semis everyone!

Sam

blsmith7

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 4:19 pm

DaHummer wrote:I don't know how many of you guys are retired - seems like a lot of older fellas play Strat these days. I am 39, work 50 hours a week and generally don't have access to Strat during that time, coach baseball, play baseball, and have a family with four children.

I am so terribly sorry that I slowed the draft down a few hours by missing 2 of my picks - but that is the pace of my life right now. I am sure I am not the only one who is busy. 2 hours is a reasonable time limit. Making up picks after the fact seems reasonable to me. 3 days for a draft isn't a big deal.

If you shift the time to 1 hour instead of 2 please at least allow draft picks to be made up - even still shifting to 1 hour might save you a few hours on the total draft - I doubt we'd have drafted any sooner.

Best of luck in the semis everyone!

Sam

What he said ^^^ Some of you sometimes forget that this is a game we're playing. I think these drafts got completed in tremendous fashion. I was called out for not having my team loaded so it could be drafted, when not even close to 24 hours had passed since the league (and code) had been created. I was late for 2 picks and was skipped. I was working and coaching (and probably Ubering my daughter around as well). I made my picks when I could and didn't complain. It's a fantasy game that I love, but let's keep it all in perspective.

Good luck!

Palmtana

PostFri Jan 20, 2023 5:10 pm

Palmtana wrote:The semifinalists in the ATG Barnstormers tournament (92 of them) each earn a credit.

The top 8 managers in the overall standings (who automatically advance to the Finals), and the next 84 managers (who will compete in the Semi-Finals) will each win one additional Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 team credit, on top of any he wins via the normal ways of winning credits.

Is that something worth asking for for the semifinalists in this tournament?

Any word on this?
PreviousNext

Return to --- Player's Championship