2023 Event 6

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

2023 Event 6

PostFri Aug 11, 2023 3:37 pm

With an active player count of 159, we finally reach the final event. The BIG DOG 200 Mil DH. We will again have live drafts, but I will have to say that filling the Event 5 140 Mil Live Draft was challenging. Only 1 person wanted Thursday outright, so a lot of the ANY DAY players wound up there. I even had to go to my list of those who normally are always ready to play a filler team.

One player missed the live draft and HAL did not choose wisely and was not told about the stadium groupings. The resulting team was a weird mix of stud pitchers and only a few capable bats. If you choose to Live Draft, please don't miss it.

With first pitch set for September 18th and no second week, this puts the Autoleague loading at about September 8th. The Live Drafts will be Tues Sep 12 - Wednesday Sep 13 - Thursday Sep 14. I may try to make the start time 6 and 9 pm, but if any West Coaster objects and tells me that would be a problem for him, then THAT Live Draft may have to go back to 7 and 10 pm. The Live Draft takes right around 1 hour and 20 minutes using 1 minute per pick.

Stop by the main standings page to see where you are. Keep in mind that you will only have 2 stadium groupings left to choose from if you have played in all 5 events. Also, once Event 6 starts, you won't earn any "points" for Wins until you have reached the total of your lowest event. Top 92 move on. Top 8 go right to the Finals.

Any questions ?

Thanks

Moose

mighty moose

Re: 2023 Event 6

PostSat Sep 02, 2023 3:03 pm

A seperate email has been sent to those who live drafted in Event 5 to pre sign up for Event 6. 21 have been signed up - 7 across the three leagues. The Wednesday league has a start time of 6pm PST / 9 pm EST. The other nights are standard as 7pm PST / 10pm EST. For the record, only one player has requested the earlier start time. All others are fine with the original times.

Just today, an email went out to the entire current player list, requesting more live drafters and giving out the Autodraft timetable.

If we dont get 15 more live drafters, either to play as their regular event or as a filler, players may need to be moved to another night or go back to autodraft.

MM

mighty moose

Re: 2023 Event 6

PostWed Sep 13, 2023 1:14 pm

All leagues filled, all live drafts completed. This event went quite smoothly.

The Semi-Finals are next on the agenda. Top 92 move on. Top 8 go straight to the Finals. Next 12 go to a semi-finals league of 12. Next 21-92 go on to 3 leagues of 24.

Bear in mind that last years champion came out of one of the three 24 team semi-finals leagues.

IT CAN BE DONE !

Moose

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour