2022 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

watershark1967

Re: 2022 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 11:27 am

As one of the newbies to the finals, I am also fine with whatever the group decides.

Just wanted to note that I will be out of pocket Friday night from around 6:30 to 9 pm CST, so depending on when the draft starts on Friday, I may be a little slow with my first pick.

With that said, how do proxies work? I would be willing to submit a proxy for my first pick to keep things moving.

cristano1

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 12:04 pm

Isn't the draft on the som site? Proxies are easy to set. And there are practice mock drafts to practice.

mighty moose

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 12:42 pm

1. cristano1 546 - 100 Mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 1st pick
2. MaxPower 534 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 2nd pick
3. labratory 517 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 3rd pick
4. BruceF 509 - 80 mil - 100 NO DH - 80 NO DH - 4th pick *BY PROXY
5. Toddgotmon 506 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 5th pick
6. justicej 501 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 NO DH - 6th pick
7. FrankieT 497 - 80 mil - 100 NO DH - 80 NO DH - 12th pick
8. watershark1967 495 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 NO DH - 7th pick
9. Dodgerfan Always - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 8th pick **BY PROXY
10. ScumbyJr - 95 wins - 9th pick
11. nathan_hern @yahoo.com - 91 wins - 11th pick
12. djp_77 - 89 wins - 10th pick

100 Mil - DH

* This pick was made by a direct communication to me by phone.
** This pick was made by a direct communication to me by email

Draft Order

1 cristano1
2 MaxPower
3 labratory
4 BruceF
5 Toddgotmon
6 justicej
7 watershark1967
8 Dodgerfan Always
9 ScumbyJr
10 djp_77
11 nathan_hearn @yahoo.com
12 FrankieT

mighty moose

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 12:57 pm

ScumbyJr asked - how do I prefer proxies be set. Not sure I understand the question. The goal is to have players in the queue so that when you are up, your pick is made and the draft continues. That means it's important to understand how they work in the SOM live draft app.

I'm not going to try to provide instructions for how they work. The directions are all right there for you to read and as cristano1 has said, they are easy to set. There are settings to turn the proxies "on" and 3 different queues in case your proxied players get "taken" by others.

I would say for all the newbies, familiarize yourself by using the mock live drafts. Learn how the Live Draft app works if you have never done one. With the exception of the three queues and the limitations for how many players can be put into each queue, WE the Barnstormers board worked closely with SOM on getting this to work the way we wanted it which was duplicating the Diamond Dope's live draft app as much as possible.

In the beginning, it was a shaky live draft app but over time it's become quite stable.

FrankieT

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 1:00 pm

cristano1 wrote:Isn't the draft on the som site? Proxies are easy to set. And there are practice mock drafts to practice.

Yes and yes and yes. But I will admit they can become a weave of complex business rules if not used to it.

If we proceed with clock off, then timing becomes moot. I am ok with that, but if we do clock off, then I wouldn't expect anyone complaining about the speed of picks unless it is a week between picks or something egregious. And that determination lies with Moose when the clock is off. Having the clock off explicitly says we as players are not enforcing a pick speed.

For anyone who hasn't used the live draft app, it is pretty simple but worth doing the mock interface beforehand. By "proxy" in this context, we mean using the interface to set picks ahead of time, once the draft has been activated.

Anyone new to it will also find that everyone will be eager and happy to assist.

cheers
Last edited by FrankieT on Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FrankieT

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 1:02 pm

Just occurred to me it could be fun to have a Discord channel or something similar. I don't mean for these finals, just saying in general for SOM events like this.

mighty moose

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 1:11 pm

I can't require people to use proxies, it's just a suggestion. And maybe I don't expect you to use them early on when the picks mean everything to your team. But when we get past the 10th round, it makes more sense.

One point. The Live Draft app will not let you put a player on your proxy list that would put you over the 100mil cap. It will take into consideration the number of picks you have left and allocate .50 for each one. So if you try to proxy a player and it won't take it, you know why.

By the way, your stadium will ALSO be picked in the draft and it's wide open. No stadium restrictions. Play in whatever one you want. But it does have to be live drafted. And be sure you do pick one. Otherwise the draft engine will pick one for you and thats the one you will play in. I will NOT change a stadium because you screwed up and asked me to. SOM will also be advised that player requests to them regarding the Finals will be sent to me for approval.

And of course you will still have the standard waivers period.

(Somewhere in this forum is the exact draft order of last years entire Finals Live Draft. Might be interesting to go check it out)

ScumbyJr

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 1:27 pm

mighty moose wrote:ScumbyJr asked - how do I prefer proxies be set. Not sure I understand the question. The goal is to have players in the queue so that when you are up, your pick is made and the draft continues. That means it's important to understand how they work in the SOM live draft app.

I'm not going to try to provide instructions for how they work. The directions are all right there for you to read and as cristano1 has said, they are easy to set. There are settings to turn the proxies "on" and 3 different queues in case your proxied players get "taken" by others.

I would say for all the newbies, familiarize yourself by using the mock live drafts. Learn how the Live Draft app works if you have never done one. With the exception of the three queues and the limitations for how many players can be put into each queue, WE the Barnstormers board worked closely with SOM on getting this to work the way we wanted it which was duplicating the Diamond Dope's live draft app as much as possible.

In the beginning, it was a shaky live draft app but over time it's become quite stable.

That answers my question. Proxy means Queues

watershark1967

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 1:39 pm

ScumbyJr wrote:
mighty moose wrote:ScumbyJr asked - how do I prefer proxies be set. Not sure I understand the question. The goal is to have players in the queue so that when you are up, your pick is made and the draft continues. That means it's important to understand how they work in the SOM live draft app.

That answers my question. Proxy means Queues

Yes, I was also confused by that (I had not seen them called "proxies" before). I am somewhat familiar with the live draft and queues, but will make sure to do some practice drafts before Friday.

cristano1

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 1:46 pm

So if I understand correctly: Moose will make a live draft league, then we can all join it and pick as slowly as we want to until the draft is over? Sounds fair to me.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour