2022 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

FrankieT

Re: 2022 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 12:20 am

I'm amenable to whatever is agreed to and won't bark about whatever we do.

But one request...I am not sure how this compares to a vision issue, but I ask that we consider some of us (me!) still work M-F sometimes long hours, so FYI I am reliably available 19p-00a EST weekdays and all of the weekends

I may be able to get to things during the day but, as for all of us, if not, that is what proxies are for.

Thanks as always Moose

mighty moose

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 2:24 am

1. cristano1 546 - 100 Mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 1st pick
2. MaxPower 534 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 2nd pick
3. labratory 517 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 3rd pick
4. BruceF 509 - 80 mil - 100 NO DH - 80 NO DH - 4th pick *BY PROXY
5. Toddgotmon 506 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 5th pick
6. justicej 501 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 NO DH - 6th pick
7. FrankieT 497 - 80 mil - 100 NO DH - 80 NO DH - 12th pick
8. watershark1967 495 - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 NO DH - 7th pick
9. Dodgerfan Always - 100 mil - 100 DH - 80 DH - 8th pick **BY PROXY
10. ScumbyJr - 95 wins - 9th pick
11. nathan_hern @yahoo.com - 91 wins
12. djp_77 - 89 wins

Running Total

80 Mil - 2
100 Mil - 7 Done
80 DH - 5 / NO DH - 4
100 DH - 7 / NO DH - 2 Done

Draft Picks Left 10,11

* This pick was made by a direct communication to me by phone.
** This pick was made by a direct communication to me by email

MaxPower

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 2:41 am

Personally I'd rather get started. Also, before the league is created, I'd like to express my preference that Opening Night be set for a day or two after the draft rather than the following Monday like other Tour leagues. There's simply no reason I can see to have a multi-day draft followed by 3-6 days of add-drops. It stretches into too big of a time sink and it can be easily reduced.

mighty moose

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 2:51 am

Frank,

I'm a big supporter of proxies. Have been since way back when we drafted on Diamond Dope. But some don't like SOM's implemtation of the process and maybe it does need a little work. The fact remains that a lot of those who have made it to the Finals Live Draft won't use it like I wish they would or won't use it at all. It's easy to see whose using proxies when you look in on (or are IN) the draft.

But I expect the Live Draft especially with NO CLOCK to run about 3 days. I think due to the vision impaired player and with work considerations, the best thing might be to start on Friday evening. We would get all of the MAJOR picks out of the way before we get around to Monday. At least I hope. But I will also monitor the draft very closely and if one is away for too long, I will be banging an email to them to let them know they are up.

Now "things" happen and each situation that may come up will need to be handled on an individual basis.

That said, this draft should be considered as URGENTLY IMPORTANT by all players and treated with the utmost respect. Many that will be drafting in the Finals are vets who have been there before. But we also have a handful of newbies and those lucky enough to get in via the Semi-Finals. I will be touch with EVERYONE to confirm they understand that keeping things moving will be expected.

I will ask for every Finalist to notify me if they expect "life" to cause they to be away for X number of hours and I will relay that along by email.

MM

mighty moose

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 4:04 am

Every Barnstormers League since forever has started on the first Monday after the draft and the Finals will be set the same way. I like consistency. How many days everyone has for team building will be dependent on when the draft ends. I'm not changing the way I setup leagues just because it's the Finals. The only thing I want to happen now is to get the draft order set and to get opinions on when we get underway. What does everyone thinks of the starting Friday evening suggestion?

cristano1

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 6:54 am

I am fine starting today or this week, and fully support clock off for the entire draft. It is the finals, we have waited a year to get here, clock off makes total sense to me. Just my two cents.

Toddgotmon

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 7:22 am

No issues with clock off here.

nathan_hern@yahoo.com

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 8:21 am

I'll take the eleventh pick. My preference would be to start the draft on Friday, but as one of the aforementioned newbies I will happily go along with whatever is decided.

FrankieT

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 10:20 am

mighty moose wrote:Frank,
[...]
MM

Moose, fair and appreciated as always. We all have to live by the same rules whatever they are. I will fall in with whatever the parameters are without complaint.

ScumbyJr

PostSun Feb 12, 2023 11:15 am

mighty moose wrote:Frank,

I'm a big supporter of proxies. Have been since way back when we drafted on Diamond Dope. But some don't like SOM's implemtation of the process and maybe it does need a little work. The fact remains that a lot of those who have made it to the Finals Live Draft won't use it like I wish they would or won't use it at all. It's easy to see whose using proxies when you look in on (or are IN) the draft.

But I expect the Live Draft especially with NO CLOCK to run about 3 days. I think due to the vision impaired player and with work considerations, the best thing might be to start on Friday evening. We would get all of the MAJOR picks out of the way before we get around to Monday. At least I hope. But I will also monitor the draft very closely and if one is away for too long, I will be banging an email to them to let them know they are up.

Now "things" happen and each situation that may come up will need to be handled on an individual basis.

That said, this draft should be considered as URGENTLY IMPORTANT by all players and treated with the utmost respect. Many that will be drafting in the Finals are vets who have been there before. But we also have a handful of newbies and those lucky enough to get in via the Semi-Finals. I will be touch with EVERYONE to confirm they understand that keeping things moving will be expected.

I will ask for every Finalist to notify me if they expect "life" to cause they to be away for X number of hours and I will relay that along by email.

MM

Fine using proxies. How do you prefer they be sent?
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour