Please welcome new Barnstormers Board member

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Please welcome new Barnstormers Board member

PostSat Jul 09, 2022 4:39 pm

Mr. Baseball World is taking some much needed time off from SOM and has decided to step down from the Barnstormers Board of Directors. Another board member - Charlie Schimpf (gkhd11a) has recommended Hack Wilson be given the opportunity to be the newest board member. Hack (Clifton Blue Parker) has been around the ATG scene since WAY BACK and is very well known in the baseball and SOM ATG circles.

But it goes MUCH deeper, Hack is a well known and respected baseball author and has penned many books. Check them out at this link. I'll buying one if not all of them as the subjects look extremely interesting. I think now we know why he decided to use the online handle "Hack Wilson"

Please join me in welcoming our newest board member.

https://www.amazon.com/Clifton-Blue-Parker/e/B001KHBQF0%3Fref=dbs_a_mng_rwt_scns_share

From Amazon

About Clifton Blue Parker
Clifton Blue Parker has written and edited four books on baseball: "Bucketfoot Al: The Baseball Life of Al Simmons," "Big and Little Poison: Paul and Lloyd Waner, Baseball Brothers," "Fouled Away: The Baseball Tragedy of Hack Wilson," and "Sweet '60: The 1960 Pittsburgh Pirates."

Parker is a former newspaper journalist, communications director at Stanford University, Congressional press secretary, and copywriter. He has a bachelor's degree in political science from Pennsylvania State University, and attended graduate school in political science at the University of Pittsburgh and in journalism at the University of Florida.

Before college, Parker spent his teen summers growing up in Pittsburgh on the baseball diamonds, sandlot and organized. When he rolled up his sleeves to make a buck, he did so working at baseball batting cages and cutting countless lawns as a landscape laborer. In high school, he wrestled and in college played rugby. Parker is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research and an aficionado of Strat-O-Matic baseball.

mighty moose

Re: Please welcome new Barnstormers Board member

PostSat Jul 09, 2022 4:49 pm

Hack has accepted being on the board and I welcome him to the team.

Come fall when we start to wind down our tournament, I hope to involve Hack - along with the other board members - in potential tweaks to the 2023 tournament. I also want him to assist and look over a list of changes to the Stadium groupings that Monkey Maker has been working on. I wanted to get that out for 2022 but I just got jammed up and let it slip.

The rearrangement of the stadium groupings will definately be ready for the 2023 tour.

MaxPower

PostSun Jul 10, 2022 6:28 am

Very cool, Hack will be a great addition to the board! And that would have been true before I even learned about his impressive CV...

MtheB

PostMon Jul 11, 2022 9:15 am

Hack is the man, and he will be a valuable part of the board.
Congrats!!!!

Hack Wilson

PostMon Jul 11, 2022 8:26 pm

Thank you, dear Moose, Max and Mtheb, for the kind comments. I'm totally flattered and honored, proud to serve Barnstormers! A great tournament and community of competitors, and I will be an objective, fair-minded steward, always. Best of luck to everyone! And as Hack Wilson might say, "Rock on, fellas!"

Gilbo

PostTue Jul 12, 2022 1:23 am

Way to go Hack! Glad to have you on the Board!

SteadyEddie33

PostTue Jul 12, 2022 1:02 pm

Aw, man... now I'm gonna have to buy a book :D . I think I'm going with Bucketfoot Al

Thanks for taking on the job, Hack!

FrankieT

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 9:37 pm

The books are fluid, enjoyable reads that are well worth your time. I devoured them and the style is how a sports bio should be written.

Hack--so glad to hear it buddy
cheers and all the best

sjudd

PostThu Jul 14, 2022 5:27 pm

Definitely a good choice for the board. I've also read "Fouled Away" and "Big and Little Poison" - they are well researched and very enjoyable reads for any baseball enthusiast.

pacoboy

PostWed Aug 10, 2022 7:43 am

Excellent choice
Next

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour