the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

2022 Event 2 Schedule 80 Mil NO DH

PostTue Apr 05, 2022 4:13 am

188 Players were signed on to start at Event #1

Event 2 will be 80 Mil NO DH.

The official start dates are May 2 with a potential secondary start date of May 9. This means leagues will be created April 22 or April 23.

INVITES will go out for the remainder of the events. A new thread was created that will continually list the Stadium Groupings you have used up to now and I will keep it updated.

Most of the VETS know about what the groupings mean but for the new players, it means this. The Barnstormers Tournament has separated all of the stadiums into logical groupings based on their HITS / HOME RUN tendencies. The Groupings are:

Extreme Pitching
Moderate Pitching
Neutral
Moderate Hitting
Extreme Hitting
Lefty
Righty

YOU MUST NOT USE A STADIUM FROM A GROUPING YOU HAVE ALREADY USED ONCE. Not just reuse a stadium but cannot use any stadiums from a stadium grouping you have used before. If you violate the rule, you will be fined 25 points (wins) from your points for that event.

This rule is unique to the Barnstormers Tournament. We want our Champion to be able to field a strong team in ALL TYPES OF STADIUMS, not just LEFTY/RIGHTY.

So be sure to check the stadium groupings you have used throughout the tournament. 25 wins can make or break qualifying for the semi-finals OR NOT.

There is another thread in this forum which will list all of the groupings and what stadiums are in them. Check it out to help you with your stadium choices for the events.

mighty moose

Re: 2022 Event 2 Schedule 80 Mil NO DH

PostThu Apr 21, 2022 1:50 pm

Back to Event 2, I will be creating the leagues soon.

I have already gone to random dot org and created a 188 random list, which will be pared up against the alphabetical list. I will then sort them into leagues with a little bit of "overinvite". On Friday evening, late enough so that a league wont fill early, the INVITES will go out. An email will follow in case the invites don't reach everyone.

Again this will be 80 Mil NO DH for ALL LEAGUES.

MM

MaxPower

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 11:10 am

Didn't you post that you weren't going to be doing stadium changes anymore because people had called foul? I'm not protesting the one that just went through, I just want to know if it's going to be a frequent occurrence. Changing your park after you've already seen everyone else's park seems like it should very rarely be allowed, if ever.

sjudd

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 12:33 pm

This just happened in my league too. Picking your park after you've seen everyone else's gives an unfair advantage. Should not be allowed.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 12:50 pm

Agreed. No reason to change a ballpark after the draft, let alone after waivers have gone through and teams are being assembled.

mighty moose

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 5:26 pm

That thread was deleted some time ago. I would rather someone NOT get penalized if I can catch it in time which is BEFORE first pitch. Once games are played, I won't allow a change.

The primary force behind the push for that rule was Druid. I don't think he will be complaining anymore.

I will however make one concession in that I will have an email sent to everyone in the league informing them of the change, as soon as it is made. I will do that for the 3 people who have changed so far. I am quite a bit in shock that we are only in Event 2 and 5 players were caught duplicating their grouping including one duplicating his EXACT Event 1 stadium. Usually this only happens when we are in later events.

And I will try to catch these duplications as soon as I can going forward. The sooner you know, the less effect this will have. 4 out of the 5 were first time players. :roll:

MaxPower

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 7:10 pm

I just don't see how that's a tenable policy. What's to stop people from purposely choosing an invalid park in order to get to re-pick after seeing the rest of the league's parks and rosters?

mighty moose

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 9:49 pm

Not going to happen. I told all of them - ONE TIME DEAL - no do overs. 2nd time for same guy, the penalty stands. As I said, these were mostly newbies. And I don't REALLY see much of an advantage here, ESPECIALLY for first time players. They picked the wrong stadium from the wrong grouping out of ignorance, NOT to be devious.

Issue closed.

FrankieT

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 10:50 pm

I greatly respect all the commenters here and I have no quarrel with Rick or the board making decisions they are authorized to make, whether I agree or not.

More importantly, we don't need to drag Bruce into this worldly issue. I know that it wasn't meant the way it sounded Rick, but I don't think Bruce's prior discussions makes Max's point any stronger or any weaker in his eyes.

BUT...In my league's case, I think it was a foul that the person didn't come to his league mates first as a courtesy. It shows me something about the player. Maybe it is minor to others and that is OK. It is just how I roll. This was 5 days after the draft and 2 days after waivers. Rookie or not--if you know enough that it was an error that costs points, then you know enough that changing the stadium is a big deal. And there is a written process for handling it. To Moose's extreme credit--he spends many hours a day tying those loose ends for all of us (why he does, I have no idea!)

edited....ok.... I thought he went from a lefty park. I didn't look at my data closely.

It isn't the end of the world, but it does seem problematic in terms of equitability. At what point is someone no longer considered enough a newbie that they get a mulligan? Granted, the board doesn't have to answer that or document that in the rules, and I respect that. But I can also choose to move on as well.

Best,
Frank
Last edited by FrankieT on Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

mighty moose

PostFri Apr 29, 2022 11:28 pm

My only goal here was trying to prevent newbies from getting a penalty and then getting disinterested in the tour. Most of the violators were first time players. Obviously not reading and or not caring about the rules. At least one of them came in and read all of this and emailed me (Jumper92) and said "Take my team away if this is such a problem for everyone... I don't need this right now." and said he wont be playing in any more events. Doesn't sound like he is trying to game the game, sounds like he just made an ignorant pick. And in none of the violations did anyone go from a lefty or righty to something else. One went from a 3 to a 2 and one went a similar one grouping move.

It takes me a good part of a whole DAY to sit down and go through 16 leagues and try to get the chart of stadiums used updated, so with trying to herd everyone into leagues, I usually wait until they are ALL loaded.

I didn't expect THIS MUCH FLACK over what I considered minor moves. Heck all of last year I recorded violations in my spreadsheet but never had SOM actually post the minus points, because in every case - the player was too far down the list for it to matter. Almost all of the time, those that "violate" aren't top tier players.

Anyway, if it really means that much, I will reverse the changes made, but I really think that people are going WAY overboard here.
Next

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour