2022 Event 1 schedule and details

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

2022 Event 1 schedule and details

PostMon Mar 21, 2022 12:27 pm

In keeping up with the tradition of Barnstormers mirroring it's first event with the opening of MLB, Event 1 will have first pitch on Monday April 4. An optional start for the stragglers will be Monday April 11. As this is a CHOICE Event, it's not an easy option to try to poll everybody and get their CAP CHOICE. So ONE OR TWO leagues per CAP will be created and the password will be sent out by email. In the subsequent events, we will return back to the INVITES feature.

Those first leagues will be created on Fri or Sat March 25/26 (later this week) for the CAPS 60/80/100/140/200. The email to everyone will go out at that time with the password.

Keep in mind, some CAPS are easier to fill than others, so if you don't get in EARLY, your CAP may fill up and you will have to play whatever CAPS remain, usually 80 or 100.

Last year, here are the total # of leagues per CAP

60 - 3
80 - 5
100 - 5
140 - 2
200 - 2

bigjim_morris

Re: 2022 Event 1 schedule and details

PostSat Mar 26, 2022 10:04 pm

question now i know we just started with the teams getting into there leagues and all how long do you get if your in a league where all in and marked ready and we are waiting on one again i know we just got the invite yesterday so how many days do we have this is only my second time so im not sure

mighty moose

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 6:22 pm

I monitor the league loading constantly so please no more discussion. The general rule is that I will give you 24 hours from when your team enters the league to mark your team as READY. If you DON'T then I will remind you by email. - If you still DON'T then I will consider removing the team from the league. This is exactly what I did for the 80 Mil League 1 - a player was removed and I sent emails to those still not loaded asking for anyone to take the spot if they would mark their team as "ready" in a timely manner.

That's exactly what happened and now the league has drafted.

You all have my moose email address. Rather than coming here and inquiring, email me directly if you have a problem in any particular league. Chances are, I am already aware of it but you will get an answer quicker.

SEVERAL emails are sent to poke players to load their team plus the first email sent to notify you that an event is ready for loading ALSO reminds players of this. I also spent considerable back and forth with the player I removed because he just couldn't "figure it out" (While 150 others did)

MM

mighty moose

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 6:36 pm

"I believe" that the invites improvements is the best thing since sliced bread so I don't take kindly to those who diss it. I try to discourage newbies from playing but they insist anyway. They are the most problematic here to deal with. I much prefer all you vets who have been playing for years ! :D

YOU TELL ME what's wrong with the INVITES and I will tell you why you are incorrect.

As Commish I can change SO MANY THINGS having this power. I can invite you to the league and you can pop your team in and reserve your spot without so much as a SINGLE PLAYER having been chosen on your roster. You also NEED NOT remove your team from the league to make a change to your ROSTER OR YOUR RANKINGS OR YOUR STADIUM. In the past, so many players took their team out and I was left to wonder where you are and WHY you did that.

I can INVITE using either your email address OR your player name or both. I can INVITE OVER AND OVER AND OVER and you will get BOMBED by emails. As Buford T Justice said, "Now THAT was an ATTENTION GETTER"

I can kick someone OUT of a league if they aren't making themselves READY, I can edit DIVISION ASSIGNMENTS AFTER the draft if needed for special themes. I can CHANGE STADIUMS for a team if someone makes a mistake. I can change the league from DH to NO DH, change the leagues DROP PENALTY, change from WAIVERS to FRENZY, change the seasons START DATE, - - - and I can make sure the clubhouse has dogs and beer on ice at all times.

I applaud and appreciate all that the invites has brought and I know I missed a few.

If it weren't for SOM's development of the INVITES system, I would have bailed myself. MM

coachprbb

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 10:34 am

BS 80 mil league 3 is waiting to draft now for a while...all teams have been marked as ready for a good bit. way more than the 10 min.

mighty moose

PostMon Mar 28, 2022 1:42 pm

An email to SOM and 5 minutes later, problem solved. I am on the West Coast, I needed coffee in order to get my eyes open long enough to see my emails. :mrgreen:

STEVE F

PostTue Apr 05, 2022 3:55 pm

Apparently one league got a 1 week jump on everyone else? No big deal, just wondering

mighty moose

PostTue Apr 05, 2022 7:13 pm

Yeah I regret that happening but I didn't expect a league to fill that fast. From now on - the league creations and the email that goes out will be Friday EVENING so that the deadline for Monday start definately PASSES before a league will fill. Sometimes I am amazed how fast you guys jump in once an event is open.

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour