2021 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

goffchile

Re: 2021 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostTue Feb 15, 2022 9:04 am

Starting Friday works for me. Having never done a live draft before just a couple quick questions. If we have an hour time limit are we going suspend it for a few hours overnight? The only reason I’m asking is because I too am an old man and I need my sleep. If not, that’s fine as well but I guess then the question becomes what’s the consequence for not picking. Do people just load up on a queue and if you have nothing in the queue it passes to the next person?

This is less about preference than more me trying to be properly prepared.

Hack Wilson

PostTue Feb 15, 2022 9:48 am

Moose, no word from Nevdully via the Facebook message. Mmm...

mighty moose

PostTue Feb 15, 2022 12:25 pm

He hasn't "read" my PM either. We wait.

mighty moose

PostTue Feb 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Yes, I have the draft set for the clock to stop at night. I will lookup and post those details about exact times.

However, I am a big fan of having players on standby in the queue - especially in the later rounds.

EDIT - because it's now set for NO CLOCK, the settings for what to do AT NIGHT are dimmed. Meaning these can no longer be set. If you go to bed and your turn comes up - IF YOU HAVE PLAYERS IN YOUR QUEUE READY, they will be played. If you have NO players in your queue OR you have "turned off" your queue, then the draft will sit and wait for you when it comes your turn.

So the option for AT NIGHT is totally up to you. You can let it pick from your queue or you can let it wait until you are ready to make your pick. Drag things out though and I am sure you might incur the wrath of your fellow players. ;)

If there was someone that I absolutely had to get, I'd put them in my queue as the only one there - then if you get him, it's a long time before it comes back to you.

MaxPower

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 5:56 am

Anyone else excited for the release of the 2021 Windows game on Friday? My draft leagues are gearing up and those drafts plus being in my first Barnstormers final is going to make for a pretty epic spring as far as Strat goes.

If I'm not mistaken, we all get a free copy of the game. Will Strat be sending us an authorization code on Friday?

mighty moose

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 11:18 am

I'll check with Garcia and get them added to your accounts.

Update: QUOTE

Hey Rick- All of the below have a pre-order for the Windows game now in their account. Codes should already be there and the game will be available to download on Friday, as you mentioned. They will receive an e-mail when it’s available.

chaberlal

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 2:40 pm

Moose... will it be at all possible to follow the draft for non-finalists... It would be great...

childsmwc

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 3:41 pm

I didn't even realize we got a copy of the 2021 windows game, that is really cool. I used to order a copy of it and the cards on a yearly basis, but after a computer switch, lost product codes, etc. I haven't purchased anything in probably 5 years. With a new windows version loaded up, I am going to go check my past orders and see if I can pull up the 1911 set, that I ordered back when it was released. I think I still have old CD Roms in the garage when the game used to be delivered that way.

mighty moose

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 4:34 pm

chaberlal wrote:Moose... will it be at all possible to follow the draft for non-finalists... It would be great...

Someone that is in it can post daily updates. Or I can, I think I can get in and lurk as the league creator. I'm sure it will be done.

MaxPower

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 7:28 pm

mighty moose wrote:I'll check with Garcia and get them added to your accounts.

Update: QUOTE

Hey Rick- All of the below have a pre-order for the Windows game now in their account. Codes should already be there and the game will be available to download on Friday, as you mentioned. They will receive an e-mail when it’s available.

Outstanding, thanks for sorting that! Looks like we even get card images, very cool.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour