2021 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

Hack Wilson

Re: 2021 Vote for Finals CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 8:12 pm

I'm a Mac guy, all the way. I remember way back when SOM also did a Mac version of their sets, CD-ROMs. Loved it. So, the Windows, meeeh -- how many people here use PCs vs. Macs, just curious? I guess I could install a Windows app on my Mac ...

MaxPower

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 8:42 pm

I grew up with Macs and remember playing those Strat CD-ROMs on my family's Power Mac in the 1990s. Then I took a 20-year break from Strat and when I came back to it a few years ago, was quite amused to find that the software was basically exactly the same as it had been in the 90s lol.

My take is that Macs were superior in the early days. But since Windows 95 came out, I can't see any real difference in usability to justify the much higher price for a Mac. I hear Macs are better for artists and musicians but since I'm neither of those I'm happy to work on PCs and save myself a few hundred bucks.

Hack Wilson

PostWed Feb 16, 2022 9:51 pm

Dear Moose, is there a Plan B if Nevdully can't be reached? Sorry to bother about this.

mighty moose

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 12:26 am

Hack Wilson wrote:Dear Moose, is there a Plan B if Nevdully can't be reached? Sorry to bother about this.

EDIT - Nev is now on board. Look for his team soon.

chaberlal

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 12:45 am

mighty moose wrote:
chaberlal wrote:Moose... will it be at all possible to follow the draft for non-finalists... It would be great...

Someone that is in it can post daily updates. Or I can, I think I can get in and lurk as the league creator. I'm sure it will be done.

Thanks a lot Moose... It is always a blast to follow every team's picks... ;) ;) ;)

FrankieT

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 1:51 am

That's definitely cool to get a copy of the digital game just for making the finals. Thanks Moose and SOM.

Hack Wilson wrote:I'm a Mac guy, all the way. I remember way back when SOM also did a Mac version of their sets, CD-ROMs. Loved it. So, the Windows, meeeh -- how many people here use PCs vs. Macs, just curious? I guess I could install a Windows app on my Mac ...

Been a Mac (and SunSparc guy when was doing work stuff) for the last 30 years. I have a cheap windows laptop that I used for my Control4 smarthome stuff.

I had a mac laptop that ran like a champ for 15 years, which I still have sitting around, and a mac pro for about the same, which I also still have but is just idle because it is a tank now and I prefer mobility. Beautiful and capable machines. But I admit since Steve Jobs passed, the company is no longer thinking different. They have turned into PCs--the OS is bloated like windows. It used to be that OS upgrades would be smaller in size. That changed with the move to intel chips and has just mushroomed, IMO.

But, to get my fill of Linux/Unix from the Sun days, I have a Raspberry Pi, which can do all kinds of useful stuff.

coachprbb

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Hope things move quickly in draft, as I am out of pocket next Friday Saturday and Sunday. I will do my best to make it so.

goffchile

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 4:52 pm

Thanks for the update and the cat herding

mighty moose

PostFri Feb 18, 2022 12:08 pm

Nev is in and a request has been made to SOM to change the draft order AND to see "IF POSSIBLE" to randomize the divisions NOW - this has been a longtime request of Barnstormers live drafters.

When this is done and confirmed, I will check back with you on start date.

mighty moose

PostFri Feb 18, 2022 12:14 pm

Actually, here are the division assignments as I see them in the Commish APP - I will advise SOM NOT to randomize them again.

East

Rabid Chipmunks (Owner: childsmwc)
Great Pyrenees (Owner: malamutt2002)
Zihuatanejo Anglers (Owner: springer0432)
The Wrong Stuff (Owner: dinsdale)

Central

Smoky Mountain Druidic Angels (Owner: FrankieT)
Logan Snacks (Owner: nwelter)
New Minglewood Blues (Owner: goffchile)
Aristotle's Metaphysicals (Owner: Hack Wilson)

West

Alameda Amplified (Owner: hendrix08)
Misfit Squadron (Owner: coachprbb)
TLDStadium Rooters (Owner: labratory)
Springfield Isotopes (Owner: MaxPower)

PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour