Next up - Event 5 - 140 Mil DH

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: Next up - Event 5 - 140 Mil DH

PostSat Jul 24, 2021 10:10 pm

Leagues will be created Friday evening Aug 6th for the first Event 5 start date. Live Drafts will be scheduled for August 10,11,12. 9pm EST/6pm PST - 1 min per pick. Stadium must be live drafted. Be careful of the stadium groupings. The list of stadiums used to date is updated.

Get into your live draft early to avoid getting shut out of live draft and be flexible on those three dates. It is POSSIBLE that a 4th live draft will be created if interest is high for it.

I will send out an email to everyone a week early to get your reservations in for Live Draft, so I that will not randomize you into the Autodraft INVITE leagues. Look for it. You can of course let me know early by email.

chaberlal

PostFri Jul 30, 2021 10:54 pm

Just a comment on the scoring system...

Moose...

Have you ever considered rewarding the losing finalist of a Barnstormers' league...

I'm more than Ok for the winner getting 5 extra standings' points...

I firmly believe that the losing finalist should be awarded 2 extra standings' points instead of 0...

It would be fair that they get something more than semi-finalists losers...

In real life, losers of the World Series get a share of the finals' purse...

What do you think ???

mighty moose

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 4:42 pm

Everybody has a different opinion as far as how many (if any) bonus points are awarded for winning or being a runner-up for a league. You are welcome to post a poll in here to see if you can get an overwhelming swing of votes, but even if you do, I would submit it to the board for approval. I don't like to make changes in the rules and neither do they.

MaxPower

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 10:38 pm

Personally I like the policy of extra points for a championship. I get that it injects more luck into the standings but it also makes the playoffs higher stakes, which for me injects more fun than if playoff wins were worth the same as regular season wins. (And I'm saying this as someone who has lost two finals so far in this tournament :) )

freeman

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 11:20 pm

austinmdavidson wrote:Personally I like the policy of extra points for a championship. I get that it injects more luck into the standings but it also makes the playoffs higher stakes, which for me injects more fun than if playoff wins were worth the same as regular season wins. (And I'm saying this as someone who has lost two finals so far in this tournament :) )

Agreed. It does make things more interesting. And in principle those who win championships should be awarded. Thats what we play for. Otherwise, we could just award the championship to the team with the most wins in the regular season. Of course the schedules are different which is one reason you have play-offs in the first reasons. And just because a team is better in a 162 game season where it is optimized against its own division and may clobber some poorer teams...doesnt mean it is the best team when faced with a higher echelon of competition.

Yeah, there is a randomness/luck factor imvolved in a short series (which is quite annoying when your 100 win team loses), but you have to reward champions in the play-offs. Rotissary baseball...is dead.

mighty moose

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 12:18 am

35 have requested Live Draft, which means one opening left. Whoever emails me gets the guaranteed spot. After that, if anyone expresses interest, we would need at least 6 total to even consider a 4th live draft event. And those would have to live with whatever day the majority want. In other words, limited flexibility as to date. If we get 6 we COULD offer the remaining spots to fillers AND open the league to public. But putting that all together MIGHT MEAN the 4th Live Draft might have a start on the SECOND Event start date instead of the first.

mighty moose

PostMon Aug 02, 2021 11:41 am

Live Draft is now full for the 3 leagues. See the note above. Anyone else wanting to live draft will take their chances but will most likely wind up in the autodraft anyway.

EDIT: 4 on the standby list for the 4th LD league. Would still need more for it to go but I will keep this running count active.

The Last Druid

PostWed Aug 04, 2021 7:45 pm

Rick, looks like the event 5 leagues have been set up, seemingly two days early. Are we still waiting for Friday for the league assignments and the passwords to enter?

mighty moose

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 2:25 am

I'll send out the invites sometime tomorrow (Thursday) - trying to randomize, finalizing the live drafts, etc.

As you can see, an email went out for one last chance to live draft OR to live draft as a filler. When the dust settles from this, I will send out the invites for the autodraft tonight.

mighty moose

PostThu Aug 05, 2021 6:47 pm

A 4th live draft has been created. The 8 people who are signed on are regulars or fillers. As we get closer to the date of the draft, it might be necessary to move the league to public and remove the password.

INVITES have now gone out for the autodraft leagues, and the official email followed.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour