2020 playoffs coming up next

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

2020 playoffs coming up next

PostSun Nov 22, 2020 2:11 pm

As our Event 6 is now winding down to the end of their postseason, here is what happens next.

As soon as all playoffs finish, the final "point" totals will finally be known. We will know who get the Top 9 bye directly to the finals and we will know who makes that top 81 where spots 10-81 will play in (3) 24-team semi-finals leagues. The poor unfortunates who wound up 10-21 in points will be paired (in Semi-Final League 1) with those at the bottom at the 70-81 spots. The same pattern will be used for Semi-Final leagues 2 and 3.

When the leagues are created, the INVITE feature will be used to give the semi-finalists a link to enter their league. The Semi-Finals will be 100 Mil DH and the league champion will fill the last 3 spots in the finals. SOM will have been asked to provide a free credit for everyone who makes the Top 81 so you play the 2020 Barnstormers Semi-Finals and Finals cost free !

The Top 9 will be polled gradually to determine their choices of salary cap and dh (between 80 or 100 mil) AND their choice of draft positions for the finals. (Same as last year)

Any no shows for the playoffs will be replaced by players in the 82-83 etc - deadlines will be given to enter playoffs teams and of course personal e-mails will also be sent in case you fail to receive the invite.

In the Semi-Finals and Finals - any stadium may be used. In the Finals, you will need to LIVE DRAFT your stadium.

Any questions ?

nicholasbarella

Re: 2020 playoffs coming up next

PostWed Nov 25, 2020 1:21 pm

Is there anyway to include a live draft option for the semifinals? This is my first time doing this but seems like a 24 team auto draft would leave you with very few players you actually want.

Scoops Baseball

PostWed Nov 25, 2020 1:29 pm

I like the way it is, evens the playing field a bit more. Though a live draft would be exceptional too!
My first year as well, good luck and thanks to mighty moose for the opportunity.

nicholasbarella

PostWed Nov 25, 2020 1:32 pm

I don't view evening the playing field as a good thing. I'd like to have as much control over my team as possible which seems just about impossible in a 24 team auto-draft. Agreed though - good luck to you too and thanks to mighty moose!

mighty moose

PostFri Nov 27, 2020 1:49 am

nicholasbarella wrote:Is there anyway to include a live draft option for the semifinals? This is my first time doing this but seems like a 24 team auto draft would leave you with very few players you actually want.

No. With only 72 players, there is no way that 24 would agree to do a live draft. Sorry.

On other matters, I will be checking and rechecking the Top 81 in the next day or so, AND I will attempt to contact SOM to get the credits awarded. They may not be around until Monday due to Thanksgiving.

So to everyone - look for the emails and the invites about Monday Nov 30th.. And that will be after I get confirmation of the credits being awarded.

FrankieT

PostMon Nov 30, 2020 11:01 pm

Thanks for getting the playoffs and credits loaded on your schedule as promised. Well done and appreciated.

mighty moose

PostMon Nov 30, 2020 11:11 pm

Hey it was all John Garcia, he seems to be at the office or available to do stuff 24 hours a day.

On a side note, Chompsky and djmacb have withdrawn from the Semi Finals (you got me why??)

This will allow 82 and 83 to play (chunga1/boyer14) AND SOM also gave them credits and allow the dropouts to keep theirs ! :D

Jingle all the way.....

FrankieT

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 8:46 am

Oh no. That sucks about djmacb and Chompsky. Not just great managers but seem like good people and are definitely fun to compete with.

I would have no idea but maybe someone closer with them may know. Hopefully they are doing OK.

Chompsky

PostTue Dec 01, 2020 10:24 am

Thanks Moose, thanks Frankie--very thoughtful. I need a mental health break from a few things, Strat being one. I have three active teams all concluding their seasons, and then I am hibernating.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the tour, and Moose's stellar performance!! Yes, Cristiano is amazing. But the real star of Barnstormers is Moose.

Hopefully see folks in the Spring.

Peace, Chompsky

egvrich

PostWed Dec 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Chompsky wrote:Thanks Moose, thanks Frankie--very thoughtful. I need a mental health break from a few things, Strat being one. I have three active teams all concluding their seasons, and then I am hibernating.

I have nothing but positive things to say about the tour, and Moose's stellar performance!! Yes, Cristiano is amazing. But the real star of Barnstormers is Moose.

Hopefully see folks in the Spring.

Peace, Chompsky

Say it ain't so Chomp. Gonna miss you.
Next

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour