Barnstormers and the "invite" feature. Waiting for Semi's.

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

Hittmens

Re: Barnstormers and the "invite" feature

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 11:33 am

I like the invite feature a lot especially since you can jump in without creating your team and then get ready for the draft. Again the over invite feature seems like an easy fix for the problems we are experiencing. And it cannot be said often enough. thanks moose for all the work you do

mighty moose

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 12:25 pm

Just FYI, at this point in the loading, just barely over 2 days since the first loading started, 187 have loaded of the 229 active players for this event. I believe that may be due to the "nature" of the invite, looking much more "official" than something sent from some idiot with a mighty moose email address.

But what do we notice the most ? The 42 players who have NOT loaded yet spread out all over the grid making a bunch of leagues needing 1 or 2. 187 in two days I am almost sure is significantly MORE than what we get the old way just after launch.

Just tossing that out there. :!:

childsmwc

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 2:34 pm

A word of advice, I completely overlooked the invite because it came from SOM. I am so used to my in box filling up with your league is ready to draft, your waivers is ready, opening day is ready, etc. messages from SOM that I just ignore those e-mails.

I will now have to pay a bit closer attention to those,

Mark

Rockers

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 5:49 pm

I like the invite deal. Of course HAL now has figured out how to screw me before preseason now. If I were a league shopper , I most surely not have even window shopped in the league I find myself in.
Oh well, there always be need for a sacrificial lamb.
Play beer!

freeman

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 pm

It's a new thing, there are always a few glitches when things are new and I think we need we give Moose a chance to tweak things before we judge it. My guess is that overinviting or having leagues open to fillers after 9 or 10 or 11 teams sign up will cure the delays. I dont think counting on the 12 invitees only to fill out the league is tenable, though.

ScumbyJr

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 8:29 pm

mighty moose wrote:My email that went out spells out DH or no DH plus everyone can always visit the main Barnstormers Page to get event details.

70+ have entered and that's about average since the announcement (and invites) went out. Half a dozen leagues have 5 or more, some 6 and 7.

I agree that this is a change but I am also looking at this as a test and it may not continue. The reasons that have been brought up I already knew would be a problem (delays in filling a league) but the advantages of disrupting cherry picking leagues are the plus.

Also, many years ago, players were "assigned" to leagues. It was only to make things easier for me that a change was made to allow you to enter any league. Again not ideal.

Once I get this event kicked off, I will circle back around to the board for discussion. The end result is the same, everyone has the same potential delays in getting started.

We are the guinea pigs for the invite feature. How it works for us and maybe sharing our experience with others (and getting potential bugs revealed) will help pave the way for all theme league and other tournament creators to benefit from the new feature. We encourage you to give thanks to SOM for all their hard work to implement this KILLER feature ! :mrgreen:

My comment was not specific to this event, but to INVITE in general. SOM should add the DH or No DH to the invite. Pretty important to know (In my opinion)

mighty moose

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 8:35 pm

Scumby, adding the DH / NO DH to the invites was done the day the invites first went out. After you posted that, I requested it, they did it, and more recent invites like the invites that went to email addresses instead of SOM name got an invite with DH / NO DH in the email. Thats what I am trying to say here. It will be what we need it to be, just like getting the live draft app "diamond dope" ready.

ASK - DONE.

mighty moose

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 pm

I made a request to all of the players in League 18 to move to the other leagues that only need 1. That's 8 players / 8 leagues that only need 1 - 8 leagues to draft soon. This is what I mean by what can be done to keep things moving.

PETERLE

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 10:23 am

Moose - will a draft run if all 12 teams are in but one team is not marked ready for draft?

mighty moose

PostTue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 am

PETERLE wrote:Moose - will a draft run if all 12 teams are in but one team is not marked ready for draft?

No, the draft will NOT run until ALL TEAMS ARE READY.

The feature of READY / NOT READY is not really explained well. You get your INVITE and the process puts you into a league and you haven't really done anything to your draft list, your stadium, your draft order. So this gives you the time to do that. So anyone not ready could still need to fill out their draft list.

Also, this allows you to make a small tweak to your team WITHOUT NEEDING TO EXIT FROM THE LEAGUE. Lets say you WERE ready then since the league hasn't drafted yet, you can now mark your team as NOT READY. Then your draft center is LIVE and you can make those changes and then make yourself ready again.

I will drop an email reminder to everyone (poohbear) as you ask me to but they are either truly NOT READY or they are unaware.

Clearly the new system needs a big FAQ posted to get all the new details known.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour