Barnstormers and the "invite" feature. Waiting for Semi's.

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: Barnstormers and the "invite" feature

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 12:10 pm

Bunze0 wrote:League 5 we got put in divisions then 1 team dropped. Now what?

ok I think I know why. I jumped into the league as the 12th player so that I could INVITE the missing player by using email address instead of SOM name. (To move him along and assuming he didn't get the other invite) - then I left the league. Me entering generated the divisions. I will inform SOM of this but I am assuming the divisions will stand and the final player will fill the missing spot. As we know SOM wont run the waivers until everyone is listed as "ready" I will suggest to them that they don't do divisions also until all are ready.

mighty moose

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 12:22 pm

The Last Druid wrote:I still have a concern about when the drafts will actually take place. In theory, all managers could enter their assigned league but if one team is not "ready" then it appears that we have to wait until they are. Is there a mechanism to prevent this sort of scenario where one person might hold up a league indefinitely?

I will ask SOM about this but I see nothing right now other than me sending reminder emails to them. Maybe we could have SOM do that automatically and/or by league mail ? You KNOW there is always going to be one that holds up the group. Human nature. Again, work in progress not only for ME but for SOM and it's new feature to work out the bugs.

mighty moose

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Som is going to implement a deadline for marking yourself as "ready" in public leagues / - for private leagues, the league creator does have the ability to remove a team from the league so if someone is dragging their feet, they can be replaced.

League 5 should draft soon, we had a problem with the last guy.

dwightskino21

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 3:22 pm

How do wake people up from their comas, to make their teams 'draft ready' ??

mighty moose

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 3:25 pm

One very nice FEATURE of the invite system is that you can make changes to your team even if entered into the league. Under YOUR TEAM you can mark CLICK IF YOU"RE READY for the draft and after you have clicked that, you can go back to YOUR TEAM and under the You're Ready...... is "Mark yourself as not ready" - the link is there although it isnt very well defined (which could be by design). We may ask that this link be made more prominent

Once you do that, the draft center is available and you can make changes to your draft list, reorder your waivers, change stadium - until you are DONE - then MARK YOURSELF as READY.

Again, this is for convenience but we certainly dont want players to be using this continually and delaying everyone else. Make your change - got it over with and then mark your team as ready.

This is a fantastic feature - everyone just needs to know how this works, that's what we are here for. :D

mighty moose

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 3:28 pm

dwightskino21 wrote:How do wake people up from their comas, to make their teams 'draft ready' ??

Starbucks. No really we may have people that just "forgot" - ping Moose as usual and I will get on them. Worst case scenario I can kick them out of the league, recruit someone else. This new system needs EDUCATION. Hopefully we will see some posts on other forums giving the highlights - lowlights - FAQ - of the new invite system.

BruceF

PostSun Jul 19, 2020 10:43 pm

Most respectfully, I do not like this new invite system. Instead of getting my team on Saturday morning at 8 AM, I have to wait 2-10 more days for slow or inactive players. I liked the previous faster pace where fast and slow owners could match with each other.

mighty moose

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 2:01 am

It might be the new normal - there are obvious huge benefits to this, not just for me but for players too. Do you want to eliminate league shopping? I've heard in these forums of certain players being accused of this. Hey, this is a lot more work for me to do all these invites - creating 10-15 leagues and walking away for a few days is easier.

We need to sit back and put this Event behind us and weigh both sides.

In the past, say 6-10 years ago, we did ASSIGN players to leagues and there were delays. You may not remember.

Just want to do what's BEST.

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 8:06 am

I will go ahead and jump into my league, but I did send Moose an email noting that I was hoping to use the August 3 date because of obligations I have this coming weekend and will find it difficult to work on my team. If two dates are going to be offered as starts, it would be nice to actually have them available.

I am not disagreeing on this invite feature as I certainly see the advantages, but there should have been 1 or 2 leagues set aside as second start date options.

mighty moose

PostMon Jul 20, 2020 11:27 am

chris.sied@yahoo.com wrote: should have been 1 or 2 leagues set aside as second start date options.

All things are are being considered, just like OVERINVITING. That's what this thread was created for. And sorry that I missed your second week request Chris. :(
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour