2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

mighty moose

Re: 2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 12:54 am

Well you guys were talking like you wanted no clock. Do we need a vote? With a 2 hour clock at least someone can be skipped once the clock runs out. But you said you didn't want to do that to anybody. If we go with no clock, youre all going to need to be able to live with it WITHOUT complaining....

One word - PROXIES !!!

tmfw30

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 8:57 am

I'm still recovering from the depression brought on by this being so tantalizingly close to an $80m cap... only to see it ripped away from me.

I prefer the slow seduction of no time limit. More time to contemplate the infinite possibilities of the future and all the glorious teams I can build rather than having the reality of getting schooled by you lot in the actual season land on me with a thud.

Plus it has literally been months leading us to this point, so a few extra days seem irrelevant.

A more honest reason is that my lifestyle (challenging job, 2 toddlers, a marriage I would prefer to maintain, a strat addiction) and personality (a people pleaser) is not conducive to live drafts because of the multiple constituencies I will be obsessed with keeping happy at all times. As I'm changing diapers, tending to a boy's scuffed knee, facilitating an important meeting, or staring lovingly into my wife's eyes, my mind will be occupied only by the ominous >tick< of the draft clock. So if there's a vote, I vote no limit.

However, aforementioned people pleasing means I will go with the flow for whatever. And I at least have my life priorities in proper order: strat first, family second, career a distant third.

cristano1

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 9:15 am

Just a head's up, I am on the road traveling for work 18Feb through 1Mar, so I might be a one pick a day guy over that time period. Will do the best I can, just wanted to issue a similar warning to Lab's in advance. I also prefer super slow calm drafts. Petro's suggestion of 30 second clock entire draft in one day sounds horrible to me. I like to have proper time to analyze each pick, especially this draft since we will know our division mates in advance.

Goreds54

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 11:40 am

After much thought I would vote for 2 hour time limit on our picks. Like Moose said, that’s why we have proxies. The draft is scheduled to start Feb 18. Cristano1 just said he may only be able to make 1 pick per day from Feb 18 through March 1. That would be almost 2 weeks and we would only have made 12 picks out of 26. I’m sure other people have busy schedules too. Let’s not over analyze this thing. It’s not that important in the grand scheme of things. Let’s just have some fun making our picks and get this thing rolling.

cristano1

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 11:56 am

I am okay voting for a 2 hour clock too. As long as we start the draft ASAP. Otherwise why should Lab get a bye for his busy work week this week, and me get penalized for my busy two weeks upcoming? I am fine if Lab and I both suffer equally, I am willing to make due with a 2 hour clock if everyone else is willing to endure the same pain. Alternatively, happy to turn the clock off and wait a week to start this draft, it just might be slow going on my end if that's the case.

The Last Druid

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 4:38 pm

That sucks. California and Australia are the worlds hottest places for weather warfare and fires caused by DEW's. Be safe!

Anyway, here are my guesstimates for the first picks in the upcoming draft:

1.Lab Bonds 2004
2.Riggo Lajoie 1901
3. BDWard Ruth 1920
4. Goreds Pedro 2000
5. Hola Josh Gibson or Pineiro
6. Mburatti Duren or Vaughan

egvrich

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 pm

The Last Druid wrote:That sucks. California and Australia are the worlds hottest places for weather warfare and fires caused by DEW's. Be safe!

1.Lab Bonds 2004
2.Riggo Lajoie 1901
3. BDWard Ruth 1920
4. Goreds Pedro 2000

Hey Bruce, can we see the first 11 picks? Or at least the first 9 so I know who I should take?

The Last Druid

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 8:11 pm

Well Coach, you and Matt were potentially riding high at 80M, but at 100M you're not in your element, so I have no idea what you might do.

mburatti76

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 12:15 am

The Last Druid wrote:That sucks. California and Australia are the worlds hottest places for weather warfare and fires caused by DEW's. Be safe!

1.Lab Bonds 2004
2.Riggo Lajoie 1901
3. BDWard Ruth 1920
4. Goreds Pedro 2000

Most likely Vaughan or Walter Johnson. I don't think my usual slop baller pitching staff is going to cut it in this league.

RiggoDrill

PostThu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 am

Assuming Lab takes Bonds, I will probably grab Greg Maddux w/ pick #2.

Hell, if Lab checks this thread, we could actually start the draft on the boards?
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour