2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

the official tournament of the All-Time Greats VI player set

Moderator: mighty moose

• Author

Goreds54

Re: 2019 Finals Vote for CAP/DH/Draft Order

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 12:47 pm

I am good doing the draft without the clock. It sure would seem that if you qualify for the finals that strat is high on your priority list :)

mighty moose

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 5:36 pm

So no clock at all ? The draft doesn't move until the one who is up picks? How is that done exactly ? What settings ?

The Last Druid

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 6:36 pm

High caliber managers does not equal socially responsible drafters as long experience has taught us. There is always some one who will hold things up, usually multiple someones. I'm no fan of the clock but I'm even less of a fan of the occasional jerk who doesn't make timely picks. Fortunately the main culprit from recent finals failed to qualify, so there is that.

The Last Druid

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 6:44 pm

Of course since we are all "high caliber managers" why not set a 3 p.m. start time for the draft on a weekend with a 30 second time limit for picks. That would separate the men from the boys real fast and get the draft done in an hour or less just like a real life face to face draft. Absolutely the worst thing about BS finals drafts are the interminable delays as there are always people who just don't give a rats ass about making their opponents wait and wait and wait some more.

mighty moose

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 8:33 pm

Well because not everyone can all be there at the same time - there is that.....

NO CLOCK has been enabled - and the draft pushed back a day to avoid Presidents Day - and I assume this makes it better for labrats situation. I will also ask SOM to open up the room earlier than 30 minutes, say 6 hours ? I never understood that.

I'll probably send out an e-mail to all Finalists explaining the change and begging for everyone not to delay the group. We need for anyone expecting to be away to notify me so that I can notify y'all - AND to make an announcement in your online CHAT ROOM. Druid is right, there are always those that could care less about the group. All we can do is ALL be patient.

cristano1

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:22 pm

If the clock is off for the entire draft, what's the downside of starting it as soon as the league is filled? If someone can't pick on MLK day, then wouldn't the draft just sit there all day? Not that I am complaining. I desperately need the extra time to run some analysis. I am very behind at analyzing these 12 managers and determining what boys they will target early on.
Last edited by cristano1 on Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mighty moose

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:23 pm

labrat has indicated being on assignment all week - I can e-mail him and ask his availability ?? I actually got an "out of office" for the e-mail I sent him to enter the league. And of course he isn't in YET.

cristano1

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:25 pm

Lab said he could check 1 time per day this week. That means he could probably make 5-6 picks by the time MLK day rolls around. Honestly just a suggestion, seems like start date is irrelevant if clock is fully OFF.

mighty moose

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 9:29 pm

I'd rather put it ahead than rush this. I'd rather labrat be able to devote full attention - as you would want for yourself.

mburatti76

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 11:39 pm

cristano1 wrote:Lab said he could check 1 time per day this week. That means he could probably make 5-6 picks by the time MLK day rolls around. Honestly just a suggestion, seems like start date is irrelevant if clock is fully OFF.

This draft is going to set the record for all time misery if we're only getting 5-6 rounds in by MLK day. Roughly 1 round every 2 months!!!
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Barnstormers Tour